Hey, in Garage band, I can change the time signature to 2/2, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, or 12/8, but those are the only choices I have. Is there a way to get more complex compound time signatures?
Thanks!
yes
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
why
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I expected this to say 'What time signatures do typical garage bands use? Thanks pit lol'
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Retro Rocker
You don't need pointlessly weird time signatures.

its good for practice
Quote by jesus2nd
yes

How?

Quote by ScottB.
why

Because I'm obviously some dick metalhead elitist who wants to prove he's cool by playing needlessly complex time signatures.

Quote by Shaharz
Dude, you can use whatever time signature you want. You can even use time signatures that cant be written, like: 3/4 + 2 triplets.

Just be creative.

Well I want the metronome to be able to count out the time signature I'm (trying to) play in so it helps me get the hang of it.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You don't need pointlessly weird time signatures.

how'd you know?

maybe he made and awesome riff in like... 81/135?
You like it
Quote by ScottB.
why

its pretty obvious he wants to try stuff like that out, you know to try an improve as a muscian.

dick
Quote by Broken_Drum
And Michael Angelo Batio doesn't need a pointlessly weird four neck guitar.

Wrong.
Quote by Broken_Drum
As was your previous statement.

Oh, would you like to prove why you NEED complex time signatures?
15/16
13/16

i always like to play with those...

but i dont even use those for grunge music
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Broken_Drum
You don't NEED anything but if I were to make a piece in say, 7/8 and I thought it sounded best in that specific time signature then why change it?

That's not an 'over-the-top' time sig, though.
Quote by saxaxe
Instead of criticizing me for wanting a certain thing, how bout you give me some helpful advice or get the hell out of my thread?

Well said sir.

For the record, I haven't a clue how to do what you're asking, I just felt the need to commend you on that statement

My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by saxaxe
Instead of criticizing me for wanting a certain thing, how bout you give me some helpful advice or get the hell out of my thread?

Why don't you try asking in the right bloody forum then if you want proper answers?
And what forum would you suggest is the right one? This isn't a music theory question. This isn't a guitar question. This is a computer software question. We don't have a computer software forum. I've been here 4 years longer than you, I think I know what I'm doing.
I love how this page has gone on for 2 pages and no one has told him
Just tell him you cruel cruel people

I don't have garage badn thats why i'm not telling you myself btw.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
its pretty obvious he wants to try stuff like that out, you know to try an improve as a muscian.

dick

Why so hostile?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Retro Rocker

ok touche. But your comments were still completely irrelevant to the topic and unnecessary. Had you come in and said "hey, go to this forum, they can help" I wouldve thanked you and moved on.
Quote by saxaxe
ok touche. But your comments were still completely irrelevant to the topic and unnecessary. Had you come in and said "hey, go to this forum, they can help" I wouldve thanked you and moved on.

My bad, it was uncalled for.