now i now new amps are always in question but i honestly have no experience with amps

i need a new amp and i would like it to have decent gain like metal (not the crazy stuff like slayer but like metallica (with less grittyness) and bullet for my valentine and avenged sevenfold)
i also need a good clean channel or at least decent

i know amps never come with a good clean and gain channel but i need something good in both and it doesn't need to be all that dark on gain or all that bright on clean but close

im interested in a dual or triple rectifier because i once went to a church around my house and the guitarist was using a triple rectifier and it sounded pretty good and it seems like they might be versatile amps

i don't really have any experience with any amps except i know that i don't want a SS amp (i have some experience with those and all i can say is blah!)

i was also thinking of a Peavey VK cuz they have a bright switch and texture control on the gain channel

if you have any advice please comment

thanks
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
budget?
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
I doubt you could pay for a dual or triple rec right now. They are great heads, but you could buy a used car for the price of a triple rec stack. I say go for the Valveking. Good amp, especially for the price. Nice, versatile distortion, and the clean can sound pretty much however you want it to. Switch out the tubes, and it sounds much better.
i have $1000 right now but me and my friend are planning on buying a PA and some mics so that should put me back like 200-300 depending on how we split it

from what you said it seems like a dual or triple rectifier or too much

what do you mean by switch out the tubes? aren't there like a few different kinds?

i know that there are tubes that sound darker (metal) and stuff so are you suggesting replacing the stock ones for lighter or darker? and what kind of sound is that to get

oh yeah i have a question about tubes clean and gain channels
i know that the gain channel uses the tubes but does the clean use them too? and if it does than how do they get it not to distort like the gain channel?
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
I would not reccomend a recto for what your playing. You're going to want a tighter bottom end, which rectos simply do not have.

Tubes are used by both channels. The gain channel has a different gain structure and is amplified and the signal will go through more gain stages than the clean channel of an amp.

For that much,

ENGL Screamer Combo
B-52 AT-100
Bugera 333xl (has great gain and a very decent clean channel)
Used Mesa DC-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Peavey XXX combo (sounds exactly like what you are looking for)
Yes, the Clean Channel uses them too.
There are two chief power structures in tube amps (most common, i should say)
Class A, and Class AB.
Class A amps are generally lower wattage with less headroom and fewer tubes. They break up earlier and are great for tube saturation at low volumes.
Class AB amps (Such as the Rectifiers) are higher wattage, and have more headroom before breakup. The clean channel on a Rec is going to stay clean for so long that you won't want to be near it when it starts to hint at breakup. The double is 100 watts, and the triple is 150, so you get the point. That's alotta tube wattage.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Rectos are pretty damn expensive so that's probably out of the question. the ENGL sounds pretty good. Perhaps a 5150 as well. You might be able to get a 6505+ if you go used
I'd say to stick with the frontman, definitely.

But really, where are you located? I'll find you a good used amp or three.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.