Page 1 of 3
my friend was so excited today. he kept telling me that Rancids new album was going to come out the 15th and he couldnt wait to get it. looking online they still havent announced the name of it. so its pretty obvious my friend is full of shit. Since you guys know rancid better than pretty much anybody, whats going on with their new album? when is it supposed to come out?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Who cares? All you have to know is that you shouldn't listen to it.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
no way, my friend saw them live a couple of weeks ago. to greenfinger i like rancid, even if they have posery outfits they write good songs and have awesome basslines. rancid is definatly still together and last i heard working on a new album
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Greenfinger182
Who cares? All you have to know is that you shouldn't listen to it.

This. $20 says it's gonna suck balls.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
my friend was so excited today. he kept telling me that Rancids new album was going to come out the 15th and he couldnt wait to get it. looking online they still havent announced the name of it. so its pretty obvious my friend is full of shit. Since you guys know rancid better than pretty much anybody, whats going on with their new album? when is it supposed to come out?

The majority of people here don't like Rancid, I think (I like one album)

On topic, I didn't know there was even gonna be a new album.

Jack my swag
Quote by FirstAccount
agreed Rancid totally sucks.

It's not that they suck, just new albums generally suck. Old Rancid isn't bad.
I'm going to buy a copy of the album once it comes out, and write some jokes about the lyrics and song titles.

They'll be even better than my danzig material.
Oh shut up Brian, we all know you're a closet rancid fan.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm going to buy a copy of the album once it comes out, and write some jokes about the lyrics and song titles.

They'll be even better than my danzig material.

Do it
Am I the only one that gets annoyed by the fact that they name-drop a bunch of street names in their songs?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
i seem to forget this forum has turned into a bunch of uptight punk elitists.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91

When has it never not been?
Yeah! People who don't like Rancid/Anti-Flag/NOFX/otherblandcommercialband are such uptight elitists! It's like they think that punk is underground music or something!
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by Fuzzbox91

Not liking Rancid means elitist?

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
Not liking Rancid means elitist?

im just saying there is a bandwagon thing going on here, the elistist part doesnt have to do with not liking rancid. Im just saying in general people here are really uptight and elitist.

i think a while ago someone tried to tell me the ramones had nothing to do with punk.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
im just saying there is a bandwagon thing going on here, the elitist part doesnt have to do with not liking rancid. Im just saying in general people here are really uptight and elitist.

I'm not detecting that in this thread. I'm detecting a dislike for Rancid.

i think a while ago someone tried to tell me the ramones had nothing to do with punk.

Well that definitely wasn't a punk forum regular, so it's irrelevent.

Jack my swag
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Yeah! People who don't like Rancid/Anti-Flag/NOFX/otherblandcommercialband are such uptight elitists! It's like they think that punk is underground music or something!

I know right?
I must be the only one that thinks that everything rancid has ever put out...was total and complete shit...
Quote by JohnnyBlunders
I must be the only one that thinks that everything rancid has ever put out...was total and complete shit...

sorry, that was me saying that...I say rancid sucks...my brother doesn't how how to ****ing log out... asshole
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by JohnnyBlunders

probably not.. to each their own

i still like a lot of their shit but i dislike about half of their material.
opinions
everybody has them?
i personally like rancid
their self titled was great
also a fan of Lars Fredrickson and the Bastards
who else here prefers Lars' voice over Tim's?
i also think Tim holds his guitar pretty funny when he plays :P
Dick+strings= owww
The only Rancid song I like is "Old Friend"

Other than that, I have nothing to add to this topic.

i love rancid.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
who cares? like really, I used to love Rancid a lot actually. And let's face it, they haven't come out with anything good in years. CAn We FINALLY put an end to this band already???
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
no, beating a dead horse is what rancid is best at. let them do it all they please.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by original=punk
It's not that they suck, just new albums generally suck. Old Rancid isn't bad.

No I was right they suck.

Tim Armstrong is terrrrrible song writer. Lars Frederiksen is awful at back up vocals in the studio. Matt Freeman is one of the worst bass players I've ever heard. Brett Reed everyone here knows how bad he is because its the cool thing here to hate him.

On top of that they're such terrible human beings. I totally hate seeing them and are such a bad conversation. They're not humble at all.
Quote by mike2
sorry, that was me saying that...I say rancid sucks...my brother doesn't how how to ****ing log out... asshole

oh.....dutzi dutzi du......a little Mike......and a FatMike

If I get it I´ll wait until it´s as cheap as .....and out coem the wolves today.........so for me it coems out 5 years later
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
Do it
Am I the only one that gets annoyed by the fact that they name-drop a bunch of street names in their songs?

Don't forget the numerous references to bus numbers, and Lars' old friend Ben Ciabatta.
How is it that no one has made fun of Tim Armstrong's voice yet? I was almost positive that was one of those jokes that would never get old.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Fuzzbox91
im just saying there is a bandwagon thing going on here, the elistist part doesnt have to do with not liking rancid. Im just saying in general people here are really uptight and elitist.

Well they don't. Punk started with Green Day in 1987. The Ramones are just some lame classic rock band. I don't know why we would talk about them here.

Oh and I hope your friend is lying to you. Rancid make me sad.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Well they don't. Punk started with Green Day in 1987. The Ramones are just some lame classic rock band. I don't know why we would talk about them here.

Oh and I hope your friend is lying to you. Rancid make me sad.

no punk started in the early 2000's with all the great Canadian Punk Rawkers...like Simple Plan, Avril Lavigne, and Sum 41

****ing hardcore, yo'
Quote by FirstAccount

Tim Armstrong is terrrrrible song writer. Lars Frederiksen is awful at back up vocals in the studio. Matt Freeman is one of the worst bass players I've ever heard. Brett Reed everyone here knows how bad he is because its the cool thing here to hate him.

On top of that they're such terrible human beings. I totally hate seeing them and are such a bad conversation. They're not humble at all.

Now you are just trying way too hard to be cool.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by FirstAccount

your arguement is very flawed
Page 1 of 3