"Ok, technically it's not a new original record, but here it is: A few years ago, when BOTAR (Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution) released it's first (and so far only) record, there was a mention in the liner notes of a large project called "99 Songs of Revolution". This is a collection of 99 cover songs, spanning all kinds of genres, all kinds of artists. Now, a few years later, it's all going down. And here are the details. Some of them, at least.

The 99 Songs of Revolution Project will consist of 8 full length records. Two from SM, two from BOTAR, and two each from two other SM related groups. Yes, this is indeed the record that Victory mistakingly posted as coming out in Oct of 08. Not sure how they got that date, but it was never even a possibility. The first SM record for 99SOR will be out in early 2009, simultaneously with another of the 8 CDs (no, not the BOTAR one). Victory will be putting out the CDs and mp3s and Pentimento will be releasing and distributing the vinyl. We are aware of our reputation to take forever to release records and miss our self imposed deadlines, so we are not giving anyone solid dates, not even our labels. Early 09 release, that's it. We are, though, working hard on it. The demos are all but done and we head into the studio to begin tracking in October. Our upcoming tour schedule, as you know, is borderline impossible/insane, so cut us some slack.

This will be a nice way for us to get into the studio and put out some "new" music as well as tide you guys over until our next full length. It's been a project that's been on the back burner for too long, and it's time to do something about it. Stay tuned to this site as well as the Pentimento site for more info over the coming weeks. Also make sure to keep peeking in on our other sites, as we're in the middle of working on a few projects that have been dormant for way too long." - Official Website

I'm intrigued.
read that last week on their site and its had me wondering since...

"2 other SM related groups"

is that referencing 2 entirely newer groups, or is it just Danny P. and The Stitch up?

Now im cool with Potthast jumping in, but im not quite sure i appreciate the stitch up enough to want them in on this.

otherwise, great news
Weee!

I typically enjoy anything from these guys.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
new BOTAR? Delicious
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
this is definitely good news. im sure ill be checking these albums out when theyre released.

what i really want is a full length BOTAR album though. hopefully they decided to get that going soon.
Quote by daytripper75
what i really want is a full length BOTAR album though. hopefully they decided to get that going soon.

Agreed. BotAR is quite excellent. Streetlight was the first ska band I got into so it's always nice to hear new stuff from them. Even though it's not original, it should still be good. I can't wait until this comes out!
I've been listening to Streetlight all day today for some reason. And I have to say I think I'm the only person on this forum who really can't stand this band. Eeeeeeeevery song sounds exactly the same. Even the horn lines are similar in every song. The flow from Tomas is the same every verse too.

Doesn't this get old to some of you?
Well thats good.

I bought a Catch 22 DVD a long time ago and its actually pretty good. Forgot what its called but it has a lot of old photage from when they first started and Tomas's last show and a lot of videos with him and such. Its actually a pretty good DVD and came with an audio CD of it which I listen to every now and then. The songs sound different from each other. As opposed to Streetlight.
i love streetlight

cant wait for this to come out, should be good
Feels Good Man

...there's a metal train that's a mile long and at the very back end a lightning bolt struck her. How long til it reaches and kills the driver, provided that he's a good conductor...
Quote by BannedInTheOC
I've been listening to Streetlight all day today for some reason. And I have to say I think I'm the only person on this forum who really can't stand this band. Eeeeeeeevery song sounds exactly the same. Even the horn lines are similar in every song. The flow from Tomas is the same every verse too.

Doesn't this get old to some of you?

I guess it's a style I really enjoy, which is why it's hard to get tired of.

I did get tired of it though. I just gave it a break though and I can enjoy it once again.
Quote by BannedInTheOC
Well thats good.

I bought a Catch 22 DVD a long time ago and its actually pretty good. Forgot what its called but it has a lot of old photage from when they first started and Tomas's last show and a lot of videos with him and such. Its actually a pretty good DVD and came with an audio CD of it which I listen to every now and then. The songs sound different from each other. As opposed to Streetlight.

That wasn't Tomas, that was their other singer who did Alone in a Crowd. I'm pretty sure his name is Jeff.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
You're not alone, I hate this band.

quit being a troll.

and im happy now.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
99 SoR clips up!

http://streetlightmanifesto.com/

one is Such Great Heights by The Postal Service and another is Linoleum by NoFX

can't wait

it's a shame Victory sucks such massive dick
I seriously don't understand how people listen to Streetlight and don't get bored after 3 songs.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
good old streetlight.

dan ross (the old sax player) was my math teacher last year.
true story.
Quote by RockThe40oz
^I wonder that about all ska bands.
You take irrational hatred to new heights Steve.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I was excited to find out that streetlight was recording a new album. I was extremely disappointed that it was all covers. How can a band with such a great debut go downhill so fast. But I'll probably end up buying it because I'm a sucker.
Last edited by SKAtastic7770 at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by SKAtastic7770
I was excited to find out that streetlight was recording a new album. I was extremely disappointed that it was all covers. How can a band with such a great debut go downhill so fast. But I'll probably end up buying it because I'm a sucker.

You didn't like SitB?
Quote by TheReverend724
You didn't like SitB?

Not really. It wasn't awful, but Everything Goes Numb was so much better.
Quote by SKAtastic7770

i agree. those SitB has started to really grow on me, their debut is the best
Quote by SKAtastic7770

Well, EGN is my favorite cd ever... well, next to the original Keasbey Nights

but SitB is a pretty damn awesome cd imo
i'm excited as shit for those 99 cover songs, coincidentally (?), isn't ****ed up doing the same thing? i'm fairly sure i saw another band was doing it too.