Page 1 of 5
At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event.

The Challenge was first introduced in 1964 when James Randi offered $1,000 of his own money to the first person who could offer proof of the paranormal. When the word got out, donors began stepping forward to help, and soon the prize had grown to One Million Dollars.

http://www.randi.org/joom/challenge-info.html

This guy is giving a true offer of one million dollars to anyone on Earth who could prove the existence of the paranormal, yet no one has been able to claim the prize.
Why do people continue to believe in ghosts, aliens, psychics, etc. when there is an overwhelming lack of proof?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Good question.

Explain this.

I had a dream the night before looking after my bros house about a cat. It was almost lucid.

The cat was sitting on a kitchen worktop, me and my parents watching - tortashell (SP?) with bits of white, silent and with HUGE yellow/green eyes. It tilted it's head to one side and I woke up.

When I go round my bros house to look after the house for 3 nights, guess what I see? That cat sitting on a kitchen worktop in exactly the same scene.

Luckily I told my parents about the dream the night before so they knew I wasn't lying. Not that I would or they would suspect me.

Edit - Had never seen the cat before.
Last edited by Jackolas at Sep 15, 2008,
Ghosts don't exist and this is perfect proof that WIGI boards are a money scam.

Aliens on the other hand, although I haven't seen them I do believe they are out there.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by cheeseman3001

Why do people continue to believe in ghosts, aliens, psychics, etc. when there is an overwhelming lack of proof?

For the same reason people believe in a god, because the thought of an afterlife soothes them somewhat.

I'll give £1k to anyone who can prove that god is real
Well personal experiences can seem quite convincing but only to the singular individual.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
PROVED

EDIT:the ones in the pictures are pilot I think and the guy behind the dude was supposed to have day the day before
"I'm no professah!"
~Henry Rollins
Last edited by \m/-Metallica at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by cheeseman3001
http://www.randi.org/joom/challenge-info.html

This guy is giving a true offer of one million dollars to anyone on Earth who could prove the existence of the paranormal, yet no one has been able to claim the prize.

Well, people believe in God and there's an overwhelming lack of proof......
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Jericho114
Ghosts don't exist and this is perfect proof that WIGI boards are a money scam.

Aliens on the other hand, although I haven't seen them I do believe they are out there.

Ouija boards are not a scam, I've had some crazyshit happen with them.

P.S. I have a present for you

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Last edited by Shirate at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by \m/-Metallica
PROVED

Zomgwtfbbq!

I was just mind raped
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
you cant say that, there is a huge proof, look at the bible, those are primary sources, but i dont want this to turn into a religious debate, so please lets not argue.... lets keep our opinions to ourselves...
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
For the same reason people believe in a god, because the thought of an afterlife soothes them somewhat.

Quote by dfresh91
you cant say that, there is a huge proof, look at the bible, those are primary sources, but i dont want this to turn into a religious debate, so please lets not argue.... lets keep our opinions to ourselves...

You can't state an opinion then ask people to please not state opinions.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Shirate

not only is there absolutely no scientific proof towards this, i've read that ideomotor actions play a large role in ouija boards, which is basically the users subconsciously moving the piece across the board, spelling out words without attributing their actions

Quote by GnR_ROK
I thought he was closing down the challenge because in 20 years no-one even got close to it?
Quote by dfresh91

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Because everything in the bible is so believable.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Shirate

Ouija boards were designed as a truth-or-dare style game a few centuries ago for little children to play with. They have nothing in common with anything paranormal,a nd any experiences are purely self-inflicted.
Quote by cheeseman3001
not only is there absolutely no scientific proof towards this, i've read that ideomotor actions play a large role in ouija boards, which is basically the users subconsciously moving the piece across the board, spelling out words without attributing their actions

studies showed doing it blindfolded screws it up iirc
Quote by metaldud536

Ahem

I reckon a fight is in order cause one of us needs that thousand poond!
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Why do people beleive in God and the Bible?

It's basically the same situation.... except paranormal things such as ghosts and sich make more sense than fictional characters like Jesus and God.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Your smug attitude is doing the exact same thing to yourself, prove to me God doesn't exist.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I'll prove it, just gimme a few years. I can't make the neccessary arrangements right now, but in a few years I'll prove it if I choose to share it. Hope no one proves it before then . . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by metaldud536
Well I dun know who he is but can we have 2 gods?

You do not know the Loomis??? But yeah there can be 2. 500 pound each, what do you say?
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Wasn't Randi the guy that completely owned that magician or whatever he is ,named Uri or something?
Quote by Jackolas
Good question.

Explain this.

I had a dream the night before looking after my bros house about a cat. It was almost lucid.

The cat was sitting on a kitchen worktop, me and my parents watching - tortashell (SP?) with bits of white, silent and with HUGE yellow/green eyes. It tilted it's head to one side and I woke up.

When I go round my bros house to look after the house for 3 nights, guess what I see? That cat sitting on a kitchen worktop in exactly the same scene.

Luckily I told my parents about the dream the night before so they knew I wasn't lying. Not that I would or they would suspect me.

Edit - Had never seen the cat before.
Coincidence.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Wasn't Randi the guy that completely owned that magician or whatever he is ,named Uri or something?

yup, that's him
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w7jHYriFo

Quote by GnR_ROK
Quote by \m/-Metallica
EDIT:the ones in the pictures are pilot I think and the guy behind the dude was supposed to have day the day before

I love how all ghost photos can be explained by basic photography knowledge.

Too bad I'm the only one with it (it seems)...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by cheeseman3001

My net is really slow so I can't watch the video, but i remember watching a video where Uri claims he can bend spoons (he pre-bends them before), so Randi tells him to bend other spoons given by him (not pre-bended), and Uri is like: "wtf I'm not feeling my pwrz todey, k bye"

What a tit.
I think alot of this sort of stuff can be fake ,but alot of it can be real. Im going to see colin fry in november.should be fun. Im not sure about ouija boards, i think their pretty freaky,i wouldnt touch one tbh
Last edited by slashfan7243 at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
I love how all ghost photos can be explained by basic photography knowledge.

Too bad I'm the only one with it (it seems)...

I love how the "ghost" looks like Christopher Walken.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
I love how the "ghost" looks like Christopher Walken.

I just had another look and oh my god

This is more than a coincidence.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Er, let's see. I took a picture tonight of a ghost outside.

See? If it wasn't a ghost then why did it say "Oooooo"?

I'll probably buy a new camera with my new found wealth.
Page 1 of 5