Page 1 of 2
My girlfriend recently undertook an operation to "save" her voice but it ultimately failed and due to this she's a borderline mute. Now it's kinda weird for us, and I get the feeling she gets left out alot in the relationship since it's impossible for her to speak, so all in I'm just writing this rant to get it out of my mind
I want your girlfriend.

A girl that cannot speak? BRILLIANT!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
I want your girlfriend.

A girl that cannot speak? BRILLIANT!

****ing douche.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Portuguese_boy
If you leave her for that than you're a dick.

Trust me I would never, she means the world to me.
Quote by rickyy
****ing douche.

How is that being a douche? I didn't make fun of his girlfriend. I merely said it would be brilliant, no getting yelled at, no nagging.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
that sucks. at least you have a girlfriend. all i have is the pit
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Shit man, my condolences for her, id hate to lose my voice.
But yeah i guess if you leave her just coz of that...
But then again whats the point if you can't love her like you did coz of her voice.

I know i'm a great help

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Woah, that sucks...can she speak at all? How do you guys communicate?
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
all i gotta say is gl man...and if u love her then..well stay with her live life fun....with no words
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Be happy that she's finally quiet!

/standard lame answer.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by whatamidoinhere
Woah, that sucks...can she speak at all? How do you guys communicate?

Usually by her writing stuff on paper or using the note app on her Sidekick and passing it to me to read.
Quote by nebiru
How is that being a douche? I didn't make fun of his girlfriend. I merely said it would be brilliant, no getting yelled at, no nagging.

Well with the current situation in this thread, those comments make you a douche
Try your best to make her feel better, try and read her if you can, to make her feel like you know what she is saying, even though she cant speak. But man, that sucks, my condolences. Stay with her man. It may suck right now, but please try and stay with her
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
If you really love her then definately stick at this thing.

Take care of her and help her to learn stuff like sign language I guess.

I assume this will be permanent?
the girl cant talk as it is if she loses u....her life wouldnt b worth living
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
That is a tragedy.

Srlsy.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Sorry to hear that dude.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by TheClincher
how'd this happen now? like, why did she have to have said operation?

She was diagnosed with Aphonia because at some point the nerve that controls her larynx was disrupted and moved thus causing her to not be able to move her vocal chords.
She can't say "no", Amiright?
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for, unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You end up stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wulf down because there is nothing else to eat. Sure, every once in a while there is a peanut butter cup, or an english toffee, but they are gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. Soon, all you have left are broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts. If you are desperate enough to eat those, all you have is an empty box, filled with useless brown paper wrappers.
IMO This can be an opportunity to make the relationship stronger. Don't let her disability define her in your eyes.

That's all I can say.
Normally I would agree with the no talking joke but this is serious so meh.

Well dude, that REALLY sucks but true love conquers all right? Good luck, but if you really care about each other you will not need it.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
First of all, sorry to hear about your girlfriend. Is there any prognosis on her ever getting her voice back?

Secondly, as someone already mentioned, maybe learn sign language together. She's got to be going through some shitty feelings herself trying to deal with this. Don't let her feel alone.

I hope for the best for you guys.
Quote by CowboyUp
Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for, unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You end up stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wulf down because there is nothing else to eat. Sure, every once in a while there is a peanut butter cup, or an english toffee, but they are gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. Soon, all you have left are broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts. If you are desperate enough to eat those, all you have is an empty box, filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

Wow, I don't know if you wrote that or if there is actually more to the life is a box of chocolates bit, but that's really deep..

I'm sorry TS, but just because she's losing her voice doesn't mean it's over. Learning sign language could be a positive experience for the both of you.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
Quote by CowboyUp

I don't know why but this makes sense.
Quote by blair30
If you really love her then definately stick at this thing.

Take care of her and help her to learn stuff like sign language I guess.

my words exactly.
she's going to need you.
ohhh shit, i so wanna write something harsh and immature, but i think i'll restrain myself, cos really, that sucks
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
No more can I sing, no more can I cry
Can't tell you how I feel no matter how hard I try
I don't see how I can continue
Oh I don't know what I'm gonna do

I can't be stuck in those old days
Gotta make the best, show emotion in new ways
Maybe I'll pick up a guitar who knows I could go far
Gotta try something new it's all I can do

Now I'm wishing upon a star hoping it hears my cries
I don't know why He did this, He's done it now
Everything I've been told has been lies
But I'm gonna continue, just don't know how

...Finish the song someone?

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by CowboyUp

I love you sir, and I would be honored to sniff your underwear.
Quote by sofubar
I love you sir, and I would be honored to sniff your underwear.

Wat.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

aww dude thats awful i used to be deaf until i had an operation, so kind of know what its like

hope you find a way of coping
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by nebiru

Because it was in poor taste for the given situation.

Im really sorry to hear that TS.
Team Coco
Sorry to hear that, but there are millions of HAPPY people out there that can't speak. Learning sign language will be a bonding experience and will bring you closer together as well. It'll be tough for the next coming months but there's no reason she can't be as happy as before.

Good luck man!
Page 1 of 2