Honestly, my guitar already sounds pretty good. It's just that's a bit muddy and doesn't get the exact sound I like through certain tube amps. I'm thinking an SD 59 and Custom Custom would be cool. Anybody know how the Custom Custom sounds for rock type crunch and distortion and how well it pairs with a 59? I already like 59s in the neck.
what is the guitar? i'd just be concerned that the cc might be a little muddy too, depending on the guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What kind of sound are you looking for?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I want a clear crunch sound that's tight for rhythm, but smooth enough for singing lead. Think hard rock sounds with some alternative and softer indie stuff as far as tonal range. Needless to say, the ability to sound decent on the clean channel of an amp is also important.
'59 is muddy to me.
CC would work excellent.

Although to be honest, the reason you sound muddy is because you're playing through a Vox Valvetronix.
It sounded muddy through a number of tube amps I like as well. Which is why I'm thinking of pickup changes.
ok... maybe a custom V or even a custom? might be worth considering, should be a little brighter than the custom custom...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jackblsdaniels
dimarzio is the answer for everything

I'd love to see that on an exam.

3a) If Sally has a circle with the radius of 56.584742 cm, what is the circumference?

DIMARZIO!!!!!

Anyways, after reading some reviews on your guitar, I would say just replace the guitar. It wouldn't be worth putting some expensive pickups in a $200 guitar.

That's my 'two cents' as you say in the USA.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
There's sound clips of clean and dirty for all pickups on the SD site.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!