Well new to me atleast. I've been playing an average of 1 1/2 through 2 1/2 hours per day for 5 months now and just recently I found a new way to pick. For the first five months I picked with my pick parallel to the strings. Saturday I was doing research and I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpJNUGHxC3M video. (the picking form starts at around 1:50)

It works alot better for me at nearly every aspect, except string skipping. It's also alot easier for me to pick with the pick parallel to the strings during slower songs and string skipping.

My question, does it improve with practice? Or should I just hold my pick one method on some parts of songs, then switch in the middle? (I can change pick styles easily while playing)
the best is to know all methods, cause some songs are made fore alternate, alternative or legato picking
Quote by DeaThrash
legato picking

Oxymoron alert.

TS: It will probably improve with practice and it's always good to have different tonal options at your disposal but on the other hand no one's going to make you learn to do anything; it's up to you to decide whether it would be worth the time and practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by DeaThrash
the best is to know all methods, cause some songs are made fore alternate, alternative or legato picking

Yes, but thats not really what i'm asking here. I may of forgotten to mention in my original post, but i'm talking about the way I hold the pick.
Well I'm using dial up connection so I can't check out the video, anyway how do you hold the pick now? Do you still hold it parallel? It's not wrong if you do but holding the pick at an angle can help you increase yours speed because the pick crosses the string faster because a smaller part of it is touching the string. Still some people hold it completely parallel and they pick really fast. You should do what feels to comfortable to you.