Page 1 of 2
First Guitar - Squier Showmaster in blue

Favourite Guitar - Gibson Les Paul Ltd Edition in Manhattan Midnight (blue)

So in summary, made me want another blue guitar.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
probably yeah. first guitar was an ibanez rg, and i still have a soft spot for superstrats. but i like most guitars, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
First Guitar - Stagg H-300 (Mockingbird Copy)

Current Guitar - Dynasty (Crazy Shaped 80's guitar).

So in a way.. But I've been making a Kramer style Strat for a while now and when that's built it'll sort of put me on the "no" side on this argument.
First Guitar - Schecter Tempest
Favourite Guitar - PRS Custom 24

I'm a whore for maple caps
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
first guitar was a les paul copy, I've felt iffy about LP's ever since

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I had a cheap HSH Yamaha strat. I learned that I far prefer humbuckers
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Squier strat.
PRS classic 22.

Yeah kinda. I love strats, but I couldn't pass up a $900 PRS that looked like a custom with birds and a top 10 finish.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
First Guitar: Used Squier Stratocaster
Third Electric: John Mayer Signature Fender Stratocaster (First real guitar)

So that's a yes for me.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
mine did... it was crappy and and it was a strat copy with a rosewood fretboard... im never gonna get a strat with a rosewood fretboard......
if when you say that , you mean the squier strat scared me away from single coils in general permanantly
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
My first guitar was acoustic and so when i moved to electric for the band I tried to recreate the sound of my acoustic on my electric so I go for Telecasters.
First guitar - Aria Les Paul copy
Current and favorite guitar - Gibson Les Paul Standard

so....yeh
First one: Ibanez RG 170DX

Now: Dean Razorback Explosion

I doubt it. Still like Ibanez though. (8-strings are awesome)

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

First guitar- Squier Affinity strat.
Current Guitar- Epiphone LP standard
No, LP=/= strat. Though I DID realize I like HB's much better than Single coils, even for cleans.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
MIM strat was my first, got a LP now, so i suppose it did, no strats plz
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
My first guitar was an MIM H/H Strat. I hate strats now... but I think the normal(S/S/S) ones sound heavenly.

So I guess?

I don't think it's because of my first guitar but you never know..

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
current and 1st guitar ibanez rg321mh, next guitar i want is probably a ibanez prestige (rg1570) i have learnt that i really like flat thin necks as I have really girly hands, I have tried a tele and the neck felt weird and i have tried a palm bay super strat which felt lush. I basically like super strats but i also have cravings for a fender strat just cos they sound lush, a prs style guitar, i also like the dean hardtail cos i love michael angelo batio, and my dream guitar and one i really want to try is a music man john petrucci as it looks sick. so yeh i think it has but the guitarists that i like influenced me to buy this in the first place along with the help of UG
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
First guitar: Yamaha RGX - It made me realise the need for a locking nut.

Current guitar: Jackson DK2 - Nice LFR and locking nut for the win.
First Guitar - 3/4 size sunburst Strat copy made my 'Acoustic Solutions' (read: 'pile of shite'). Since then I have bought a black LP copy, a blue Ibanez RG and a red Vintage SG copy. So, in other words, no not really.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Not me ... It was a Lado Hawk (still have it, heavily modified) which has a strat body and Kahler tremlo. I'm a big Les Paul guy now.
Yeah I like piezo floating bridges because of it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
First guitar was a no name strat.

I now have an Agile Reaper. So... Yes? I can't stand strats.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Oh yeah. I went to GC and tried a bunch of different guitars and the best affordable one for me was the MIM Strat. It felt like how my old guitar was supposed to feel ( a first act strat copy ) and i gravitated toward that as opposed to some of the Ibanezes in the price range. Those had 24 frets but they didn't feel as right as that one.

But my price range was $400 or less, so I can totally see myself buying a higher quality ibanez eventually. I also liked the Les Paul, it really felt out of my way besides the trapezoid inlays.
First Guitar: 3/4 Scale black single humbucker guitar with a high action called a Rok Axe.
Current Guitar: Ibanez RG2EX1 full sized, white, dual humbuckers.

Yes. My first guitar made me more comfortable playing on guitars with higher actions as opposed to guitars that have a light feel. So if I play something with a really light action, my fingers slip.

On bass I prefer a lighter action, though. Since I play bass, I prefer fatter necks on my guitars.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Well I guess you grow accustomed to things you have such as fret #, Scale length and type of bridge... So It's believable people like guitars of similar specs as their first.
First guitar was some shitty drive kit, don't have an actual favorite. Maybe?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
first guitar- gibson sg worn brown, i went half and half with my parents for my birthday,
its still my main (had it for 3 years). i have other guitars but nothing ever feels like that guitar i love it. ive upgraded it and will always be my main axe.
My first guitar was some cheap Strat copy. I now have a Epiphone G-400. It made me realise that I need humbuckers to live. I never really like Strats to begin with, even thought I tried an HSS strat once and I loved it. But, like I said, I can't live without humbuckers.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
My first electric was some unknown Ibanez. I barely remember what it looked like; I think it resembled a Gibson SG, and it was solid candy apple red. It was pretty nice, from what I could tell with the limited I had with it.

Anyway... I'm still very much looking into Ibanez, but all I currently have is a Dean acoustic/electric. I'm also interested in ESP, PRS and Gibson. So... My first guitar sorta influenced me... but not really...
First was an Ibanez RGT42. Now i have a JS1000. So......kinda? Love the older necks they had. The new ones suck.
Not really.

I think it's important to have different guitars to get different sounds, so if a person gets only one kind of guitar, they can't really do all the things that they need to.

My first guitar was a Starcaster by Fender. I don't really care about the name on the headstock, so it works fine for what I want it to do.

At the end of the day, it's just a piece of wood with some wires and a few electronics.
well i liked hollow bodies before i got my epiphone dot so i guess no
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Page 1 of 2