This question is largley directed to the veterns of this neck of the UG woods

When promoters ask you to send them a media pack and a demo, what would you generally put in a media pack? Is it like Photo's, Newspaper cuttings, websites and stuff like that?

The CD won't be a problem, we have 4 of 5 tracks to make a makeshift EP out of.

Thanks alot in advance
Quote by Symmetry4321
This question is largley directed to the veterns of this neck of the UG woods

When promoters ask you to send them a media pack and a demo, what would you generally put in a media pack? Is it like Photo's, Newspaper cuttings, websites and stuff like that?

The CD won't be a problem, we have 4 of 5 tracks to make a makeshift EP out of.

Thanks alot in advance

Probably what you're thinking. And nice, I take it you're a Scar Symmetry fan?

Too bad their singer just left...
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
Your press pack/media pack/ press kit, etc. should have:

MANDATORY:
- audio demo - generally three song demo or a full-length CD. Indicate which songs to listen to.
-bio - one page. Don't ramble. Sell yourself as the greatest thing since sliced bread. A brief history of the band, what the band's objectives are, what you have done, etc.
-photo: 8x10 black and white usually.
-another single page of media clippings if you have any.
-contact info, including website, email, etc.

OPTIONAL:
-copies of full articles if they're really good
-accolades/critical reviews - quotes from other industry people, reviews of your show/CD, etc.
-additional colour photos
-stage plot
-tour schedule

As a general rule, be brief. As much as you are in love with your band, the person you send it to isn't. They just want the facts, Jack. If you make them dig and wade, they'll chuck it aside. Give 'em what they need and make it easy to find.

Also, give them enough to make them interested enough to ask for more. If they are interested and want something else... they WILL ask.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
:cheers

No prob. It really is *need to know* stuff.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote by axemanchris

MANDATORY:
- audio demo - generally three song demo or a full-length CD. Indicate which songs to listen to.
-bio - one page. Don't ramble. Sell yourself as the greatest thing since sliced bread. A brief history of the band, what the band's objectives are, what you have done, etc.

OPTIONAL:
-accolades/critical reviews - quotes from other industry people, reviews of your show/CD, etc.
-stage plot
-tour schedule

As a general rule, be brief. As much as you are in love with your band, the person you send it to isn't. They just want the facts, Jack. If you make them dig and wade, they'll chuck it aside. Give 'em what they need and make it easy to find.

Also, give them enough to make them interested enough to ask for more. If they are interested and want something else... they WILL ask.

CT

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Quote by JakdOnCrack
Sticky this?

Agreed, as Chris says, 'it's *need to know* stuff'.
Quote by axemanchris

MANDATORY:

OPTIONAL:
-stage plot
-tour schedule

CT

Perfect though in regards to optional part don't overload it. If you have 50 press clippings just send the best 3 full articles not all 50. Though I say 3 find the number that best suits you.
One thing A&R and label reps LOVE (as well as everything CT wrote) is a brief list of past gigs/tours, and future gigs/tours. Labels like to know what kind of bands you can play with on your own without their help as they will probably have a long list of bands that they're currently promoting. Plus it gives an indication of how "big" you are in your particular niche.

Hope that helps
Both very good additional points.

CT