I was on a news site and it says that your musical choice defines you personality. so i looked and what do you know... it suits me!

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/celebrity/package.jsp?name=fte/musicalchoice/musicalchoice&floc=NI-ntk1

so how about you guys?
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Rick Astley
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Bullshit.

I like alot of genres so I'd have a bunch of contradicting personalities.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
doesnt apply to me lol

or my girlfriend, or anybody i know....

sorry

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
"Rock/Heavy Metal: Low self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, not outgoing, gentle, at ease"

lol. Hit the spot. If these are generalizations then I guess they're right. There are always exceptions.

Quote by ButtholeZombie
Bullshit.

I like alot of genres so I'd have a bunch of contradicting personalities.

Wahh wahh.

There going by your favorite. The music you listen to the most.
Stereotyping is fun!
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
According to that site it seems most people who listen to music have high self esteem. Considering just about everyone listens to music it's kind of suggesting people in general, have high self esteem.

Now, that ain't true.
Well, it's true for some people I know. And obviously it's not true for a lot of people. I can't blame them for making a generalization to suit the purpose of the article, they're bound to be right in some cases.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by asmeister
According to that site it seems most people who listen to music have high self esteem. Considering just about everyone listens to music it's kind of suggesting people in general, have high self esteem.

Now, that ain't true.

Quote by maninthebox24
Stereotyping is fun!

I don't see why it's so hard to disagree. Of course this isn't going to represent everyone but are you the one surveying 36,000 people?
Quote by Colgate Total
According to that, I should be listening to jazz, blues, and soul, when right now I'm listening to Amon Amarth, and have been listening to metal all morning. Shows how much they know.

According to that, I should be listening to jazz, blues, and soul, when right now I'm listening to Amon Amarth, and have been listening to metal all morning. Shows how much they know.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
i listen to metal and i have plenty of self esteem
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Should be the other way round, really.

EDIT:

Whilst I listen to a range of music, only two applied to me which seem to be in direct contradiction;

Rock/Heavy Metal: Low self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

Country and Western: Hardworking, outgoing
Quote by metaldud536

Wahh wahh.

There going by your favorite. The music you listen to the most.

Sometimes I listen to a shitload of metal for a few months, then I listen to nothing but jazz and blues for a while and then I might be listening to nothing but punk. I don't have one favorite genre, it kinda varies over time.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
i leik mudkipz, what does that make me?

but really this is ****ing stupid, what about people like me who like jazz fusion, blues rock, and neoclassical metal

lolfail

edit: so that is why marshall, line 6, and crate market half stacks that are cheap, for the lazy small penised rock and metalheaded kids

amidoinitrite?
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
I don't see why it's so hard to disagree. Of course this isn't going to represent everyone but are you the one surveying 36,000 people?

What do you mean hard to disagree? If anything I didn't disagree on a personal level. I don't see myself as very genre faithful though I guess rock/metal hits closest. Simply pointing out the article seems to suggest people in general have high self esteem is a tad different than getting your panties in a wad because you like some genre and don't like the science man hatin' on you.
I really doubt the accuracy of this, but I must say that it described me pretty well! I went with "rock/heavy metal", though only for the first part, but all those characteristics seem to fit me. Fancy that.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by asmeister
What do you mean hard to disagree? If anything I didn't disagree on a personal level. I don't see myself as very genre faithful though I guess rock/metal hits closest. Simply pointing out the article seems to suggest people in general have high self esteem is a tad different than getting your panties in a wad because you like some genre and don't like the science man hatin' on you.

Well it really depends on what people consider high or low self esteem.
Rap: High self-esteem, outgoing
Country and Western: Hardworking, outgoing

I see what they did there...
i don't have low self-esteem and i am hardworking, so it doesn't suit me ..
tbh peoples reaction to those results tell me more about thier personality than what ever genre
Totally inaccurate with me.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Rock/Heavy Metal: Low self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

thats partly true except:
i work very hard at everything
and my self-esteem has skyrocketed since i started listening to metal.
and i've also become more outgoing since listening to metal
Quote by freedoms_stain
So how many times do you think you can get away with this before it's spam?

lol, wut?
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
I litererally laughed out loud.

Things like music can't define who a person is. It may in some cases, work to their favour... but no.

A full-on generalization of people who listen to Metal is absolutely garbage. I don't personally listen to metal, but it applies to all genres.

I'm still laughing, but on the inside now.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Its bull. I listen to several different types of music and I let none of them shape my personality.
Im very outgoing, and have plenty of self esteem. I just like Vikings, headbanging, funny lyrics, and Lord of the Rings, so i listen to metal

Amon Amarth, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, and Blind Guardian (well all power metal really...) FTW
This site is batshit insane.

Musical choice doesn't define personality, personality defines musical choice.

Duh?!
No prog rock choice? I guess I'll just go with rock.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
Rap - High self esteam.

That's about right, how about to high, and violent, and not gentle, and sexist and...

No I don't like Rappers.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
****ing stupid, just cause I listen to metal doesn't mean I have low self esteem. This is so so stupid, rock/metal is the only category that has low self esteem... I have news university of bullshit METAL MAKES YOU SO ****ING AWESOME YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO HAVE LOW SELF-ESTEEM
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Gotta love how rap and country are the only ones without "creative" listed next to them.

"Low self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, not outgoing, gentle, at ease"

I don't have low self-esteem, I'm hardworking, I'm miles from 'gentle', and I'm never at ease. Although gagadude is going a little overboard with the caps lock, this thing is pretty bad. Who knows, though, maybe it's spot-on in the U.K.?
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Lol this has already been done

...but I passionately love alot of genres of music...either way these personality types are so vague and general it doesnt seem very credible at all to me.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
It worked for me (I love Indie, but not the crap that Indie has become in Britain)
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Been done before... It's obviously not going to be 100% accurate. It was for me, though (for the most part)

I usually work hard. Or I don't work hard and somehow do good. I'm not sure about the self-esteem part.