Does anyone know if I can take my strat to Guitar Center and get it repainted? I originally got a red strat, but now after two years, I absolutely hate it. I'm now more interested in a 3 tone sunburst type of color scheme (and if they can, a black "plate" thing instead of white, I don't know what it's called). If anyone knows if Guitar Center can do that, or if I can get this done anywhere nearby Washington D.C., that'd be great.

Also, the average price would also be cool to know.
GC wouldn't do that, you'd end up having to do it yourself.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Gotta do it yourself unless you know someone. The plate is easy though. Ask in the store for them to show you their pickguards(if that's what you mean) and they'll probably will have a variety for you to look at.
Having a guitar re-finished properly usually costs a couple of hundred (any cheaper and the person is probably doing a very poor job of it). Finishes that take longer such as multi-colour bursts often cost more. Often, unless your guitar is worth around a thousand or so, it's cheaper to just buy a whole new guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
My local shop does paint jobs (they are as pricey as sin though) you can try local sops but your better off doing it yourself.

If we are talking about a squire/copy strat jsut get a new guitar
Thanks guys for the quick responses! But yeah, I may just end up buying a new guitar, since this one isn't worth all that much, and the repaint may end up costing more. The guitar I spoke of is a Fender Stratocaster (the basic one that cost around 400 bucks). Also, pickguard is the term I meant to use.
plus, if you do a polyurethane finish, you gotta let that bad boy cure for a few months, unless they can bake it. So youd be without your guitar for a few months. I can refinish guitars easily, but it always takes a few months to cure, but then again, thats not a nitro paint job. its a lot of labor. all the paint and sanding materials needed are cheap, but the labor really makes it a pain
yea, repainting a 400 guitar doesn't make all that much sense unless your doing it your self
Figure a sunburst paint job is going to be 300 minimum. So not very cost effective.
Quote by tenac218
Does anyone know if I can take my strat to Guitar Center and get it repainted? I originally got a red strat, but now after two years, I absolutely hate it. I'm now more interested in a 3 tone sunburst type of color scheme (and if they can, a black "plate" thing instead of white, I don't know what it's called). If anyone knows if Guitar Center can do that, or if I can get this done anywhere nearby Washington D.C., that'd be great.

Also, the average price would also be cool to know.

That type of thing is more of a "who you know" Type of deal... If it was rad and wanted airbrushing or what not... Just take it to a car customs place where they usually do there painting and airbrushing...

But a sunburst is not hard...

Just two coats of the colors you wanted... Add a final coat of black... And let the sanding fun begin! Clear coat it... And PRESTO! you got a sunburst
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm