quick question which reverb would be able to handle a heavier-distortion type sound and a clean sound out of these two, i'm in the market for reverbs and i'm looking for opinions

line 6 verbzilla
ehx holy grail (maybe the plus one?)

any help would be appreciated
I really like my Holy Grail. A lot of people say they're really noisy though, mine isn't, but I'd be sure to try it out before hand and get one that doesn't add a lot of noise.

But if you don't have an amp that has an FX Loop, don't even waste your money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
its pricey, but the Vanamps SoleMate is amazing. Its designed for amps with no FX loops too.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
since you dont have a budget, i would get the fender tube powered reverb unit.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
i'm getting a blackheart handsome devil shortly and i'm pretty sure it has no FX loop if that helps any and how pricey is pricey?

budget is reasonable i'd say 300
I can answer this question or at least offer my opinion. For a while I really wanted to get the Line 6 Verbzilla, based on it's sound samples, but it was rarely in stock and reports of it's durability were poor. So I ended up getting the Holy Grail Plus. My advice is, if you have an effects loop use it. If got a Metal Master distortion pedal at the front of my amp (a Krank Rev Jr.), the Holy Grail Plus on the effects loop and boy oh boy does it sound good. I will say that when I put both pedals at the front of my amp it sounded pretty muddy.
Not to be rude, but do you really want to spend that much on a reverb..?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by rhettro
I can answer this question or at least offer my opinion. For a while I really wanted to get the Line 6 Verbzilla, based on it's sound samples, but it was rarely in stock and reports of it's durability were poor. So I ended up getting the Holy Grail Plus. My advice is, if you have an effects loop use it. If got a Metal Master distortion pedal at the front of my amp (a Krank Rev Jr.), the Holy Grail Plus on the effects loop and boy oh boy does it sound good. I will say that when I put both pedals at the front of my amp it sounded pretty muddy.

Ah, why a metal master in front of a Rev Jr? Not a good sounding distortion on a nice amp and really, how much gain do you need?
to stay on topic, the Holy Grail is very nice
don't get a reverb pedal unless youre planning on getting all your gain out of a pedal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i am planning on getting my gain out of a pedal actually i'm gonan use the amp for cleans and no i don't want to spend that much on a reverb i just posted a price because some dude made a snippy comment about a budget
i have a ehx holy stain in front of my modded epi VJ and it sounds great. i use it clean or with a metal muff and it sounds great very thick! it does'nt sound as good with a bad monkey so i use a delay.
Quote by trojanfan12
i'm getting a blackheart handsome devil shortly and i'm pretty sure it has no FX loop if that helps any and how pricey is pricey?

budget is reasonable i'd say 300

they're like 300 new, i see em used from around 200-275. I picked up mine for 200. Great pedal.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by rhettro

Mine is very durable, of course it's not being used much BC of my DR amp.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by mcrfobtai
Ah, why a metal master in front of a Rev Jr? Not a good sounding distortion on a nice amp and really, how much gain do you need?
to stay on topic, the Holy Grail is very nice

Good question, the answer is that I can't get killer distortion out of the Rev Jr. without cranking the volume to ear shattering levels. I have the gain on my amp and on the MM set to a minimum on the dirty channel. I get a nice high gain tone with minimal noise and the reverb makes it seem bigger. I'm quite happy with the end result.