I was thinking of going to buy a LP from Guitarcenter and I was wondering if they did a layaway, (where you put a down payment and they hold the guitar for you) or if they have a loan type thingy (like buying a car, you put a down payment, and then do a monthly payment).

I've been searching their site but all I can find is the loan type thing, but that is if you buy online, and I won't buy online cuz I don't want to get stuck with a beat up floor model.

Ty in advance.

EDIT: my songwriting teacher knows the manager of the GC I go to, and he said if I talk to him and mension teacher, he will give me a discount.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Sep 15, 2008,
Not sure, but I'm pretty sure Musicians' Friend will do loans in which you pay in 3 payments. Not sure if that's what you're looking for though.
GC does has both layaway and a credit card program. Although the rates on the credit card are ridiculous. You're better off just saving the money yourslef and keeping it in a bank until you have enough to buy the guitar outright.

And you're talking about a Gibson LP right?
Layaway they keep the guitar until you pay for it. The installment plan doesnt work to well if you dont have good credit, a job etc. And the interest will really add some serious cost to the guitar.
They said there was no interest for 12 months on gibsons, and I know I could get the money I need by then, because my parents will give me a couple of hundred for Christmas.

Ty for the answers.
Lets jump in a pool

Yeah when I was getting my Gibson Les Paul, my dad kind of needed to do a Layaway type of thing. They said that they'll hold the guitar until we finished paying everything. But I didn't want to do that.

So luckily my dad got the money and we just bought it all at once. A lot easier. And made me happier!
Quote by HighPotency
Credit cards are traps. IMO, don't buy anything you don't have the cash to throw down for (being realistic and reasonable of course).

Excellent advice. +1. People use credit cards wwwaaayyyy too much.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

a GC layaway consists of you putting down 25% of the price and we hold it in the back for 30 days. you usually can get them to extend the date of pickup though.

If you apply for the GC credit card, your first purchase qualifies for 12 months no interest no payments. Right now we have a Gibson promo going on that goes for the same.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
^ whats the card?
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by I am wet
They said there was no interest for 12 months on gibsons, and I know I could get the money I need by then, because my parents will give me a couple of hundred for Christmas.

Ty for the answers.

you can't finance **** all if you're not 18....or atleast you can't in canada

Quote by Tackleberry
Layaway they keep the guitar until you pay for it. The installment plan doesnt work to well if you dont have good credit, a job etc. And the interest will really add some serious cost to the guitar.

it's alot easier for someone to pay 30$ a month, than to shell out 1,500$ in one shot.

I suggest financing it / getting your parents to, but put like 300-400$ down on the guitar, and it'll increase your chance of them accepting you / your parents.
^Yea I was gonna get my parents to.
Lets jump in a pool

if you get a preferred players card(idk if there still doing them) they give you 15 months to pay it off. i have one...its a blessing and a curse at the same time though. so use it carefully!
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
the do offer layaway; just talk to the guy helping you out.

and the "loan" thing is a 12 month payoff, which works great if you know you can have the money by the end of the 12 months. It's interest free, but if you go over the 12 months, you have to pay interest, which is (I believe) something ridiculous like 25%. So if you can budget, go for the Loan if you want.
Well I'm getting a job next summer, so I will have the money within a year easily.
Lets jump in a pool

My parents said they would take me to GC when we have time.
Lets jump in a pool