Page 1 of 2
so, do some other ugers have braces and can elp me with my problem?I just got braces llast week and I can't chew, mostly becuase my molars don't touch, and it also hurts when i bite dwn, so how long will this last, or can I make it better?
It'll last a good few days, for now it's soup, milky milk and soft stuff.

Just ride it out, it'll pass.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Lots of tylenol. Eat mashed potatos, ice cream, pudding, anything soft. It's gonna hurt like a mother for a week or so.
have you actually got the braces or those HORRIBLE blue rings inserted between your teeth

i TOTALLY feel for you man
i had all this and the pain is terrible

i suggest soup
mashed banana
or spagehtti
or that complan stuff

good luck
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by blue_strat
Welcome to the worst part of your life.

True. A shitload of hot drinks - tea, coffee, etc - will help. Apparently, they ease the pain because they temporarily bend the metal a wee bit. Apart from that, eat soup and those other recommendations that I'm too lazy to write^

No apples!
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by tryhonesty
so, do some other ugers have braces and can elp me with my problem?I just got braces llast week and I can't chew, mostly becuase my molars don't touch, and it also hurts when i bite dwn, so how long will this last, or can I make it better?

use your tongue to push food to the top of your mouth and crush it. Only works with chip like substances. it should only last for about a week. but the pain returns every time they put a new wire on...
Omg guys. Tough it out. Whenever i got mine tightened I downed a Steak that night. It doesn't hurt that much....
GEAR

Ibanez RG 420 CM

Line 6 Spider III
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I had braces. don't use them as an electric conductor and you'll be fine. And don't eat KBars... But MOST OF ALL!!! DON'T go up the road for a game of back yard cricket at ya mates place after getting hassled alot and called traintracks (hahaha traintracks traintracks!!) only to faceplant off a fence whilst retrieving the ball onto the edge of a concrete block consequently forcing your brand new (day of fitting) braces to become severely attached to your upper lip and in the process brake your arm... It's not pretty, honest.
The pain lasted after i got mine on for about 2 weeks at the least, but that was because my teeth were really bad. After every appointment though after that for awhile it hurt just as bad and just as long.

I've broken both my wrists at the same time, my collar bone 2 different time, and i still stand by braces hurts/sucks way more than those.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Sep 15, 2008,
its going to be a bitch for the first few weeks but after a while you get used to it
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
i had them for 4 years, the first two weeks are the worst, then come the days when you have to get them tightened, and thats just as bad.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
can't chew tobacco?
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
^ yeah but after you get them tightened a few times, you start to get used to the feeling and just brush it off

GILBEDIT: to this&that's post
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
yeah, they're awful for the first week or two. i remember feeling as though my teeth were just going to fall out any minute. you'll get quite a few canker sores as well at first, until your lips/cheeks toughen up or readjust themselves. i've got them now, i was supposed to have them for two years, i've had them for one so far and i think i'm ahead of schedule. i'm not limited in the foods i can eat at all really, except for things like whole fruits (apples, pears) and corn on the cob. As soon as i get these fuckers off, i'm going to town on about 5 caramel apples.

but really the pain isn't bad, i've never been bothering by the tightening...

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
yeah, they're awful for the first week or two. i remember feeling as though my teeth were just going to fall out any minute. you'll get quite a few canker sores as well at first, until your lips/cheeks toughen up or readjust themselves. i've got them now, i was supposed to have them for two years, i've had them for one so far and i think i'm ahead of schedule. i'm not limited in the foods i can eat at all really, except for things like whole fruits (apples, pears) and corn on the cob. As soon as i get these fuckers off, i'm going to town on about 5 caramel apples.

but really the pain isn't bad, i've never been bothering by the tightening...

haha i'm not too sure about the caramel apples. Your teeth will feel so loose afterwards, that you think they might just fall off.

oh and good game in I-sketch yesterday
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
The spacers were worse then the braces.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by cakemonster91
No apples!

+1745602734589
Unless you cut it up into really thin slices. Also, lots of Tylenol, Advil, etc.
Canada has braces? You must be like 25 if you have them

Anyway apple sauce is your friend, add some cinnamon and its all good.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Yogurt/jello and soup, don't worry it only lasts about a week.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko

There
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by No2wad
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I had braces. don't use them as an electric conductor and you'll be fine. And don't eat KBars... But MOST OF ALL!!! DON'T go up the road for a game of back yard cricket at ya mates place after getting hassled alot and called traintracks (hahaha traintracks traintracks!!) only to faceplant off a fence whilst retrieving the ball onto the edge of a concrete block consequently forcing your brand new (day of fitting) braces to become severely attached to your upper lip and in the process brake your arm... It's not pretty, honest.

...what?

Anyway, just eat soup or pudding, you'll be fine in a couple days
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
50 bucks to anyone who on their first day of getting braces, eats:
two large bags of beef jerky
1 10 ounce T bone steak
and 2 year old hard-tack....

beware of hard-tack... i cut my hand with that stuff onece, and its susposed to be edible
Good luck. The next 1-2 years are going to suck. Girls won't find you attractive, cleaning your teeth is harder, and you can't eat solid foods every so often.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
The pain of initially gettign braces lasted me about a week n a half. It hurts for 2-3 days everytime I get them tightened.
I lived off ice cream when I first got my braces. Ice cream is your friend.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
I got braces just 3 months ago. I'm not supposed to have chips, popcorn, gum, ice, etc.

But I have chips...

And the spacers weren't that bad, but my braces hurt really bad for a few days.

You will be okay.

Unless they put a " power chain" on your front teeth...

That hurts.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Page 1 of 2