Thats right, another one.

Soon (hopefully before the year is up) I'm going to be buying a new guitar. I'll probably be looking at around £600 - 700 if all goes well.

So far I'm looking at;

Jim Root Telecaster - Has everything I need/want, EMGs, Mahogany body, maple neck, I love the tele shape and have been waiting since I started playing for a 'metal' version.

Jackson SL3 or SLMG - I'm a big fan of Jackson necks, I know these are a little over but I'm sure I can find one fairly close to £600.

ESP EC 1000 - I was surprised but you can get these for just under £700 now, again a guitar I've been gasing for since I started playing EMGs as well which is a plus for me.

Thats the main 3 really, as you can see £600 isn't a strict budget of sorts as I may end up with more, maybe less.

I play mostly metal/shred, cleans just have to be decent they are not a priority by a long shot.

I will be trying these out at some point but just looking to get idea of any I might want to look at.
I'm voting for the ESP. Damn good guitar with a smoothe neck and great electronics. Well built and very nice, warm/big sounding wood, too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
a good ibanez S without an edge III would be good, or the jackson
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by 666_Pounder
Also Ibanez S of some sort came to mind.

+1 Big fan of it, not too fond of the EMG sound for shred as in the other EMG-equipped guitars you mentioned.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
i think that the Jim Root Tele is the best because im a BIG fan of Tele's and fender has finally made a decent metal guitar... a decent guitar period IMO

if i had the money and i didnt want a guitar with a FR i would go for the Tele, but at the end of the day its your decision so just try all the guitars and see what feels best for you... u shouldn't go for a guitar that someone else likes because u might not like it so go and try all the guitars ur lookin at and decide for urself
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
u shouldn't go for a guitar that someone else likes because u might not like it so go and try all the guitars ur lookin at and decide for urself

Quote by 666_Pounder
I will be trying these out at some point but just looking to get idea of any I might want to look at.

I know

But yeah I'm a massive Tele fan and also a huge Devin Townsend fanboy who uses a custom ESP tele w/EMGs which was the first time I considered a Tele for metal.
Sounds to me like you'd be happy with the tele. It's also a lot cooler than the other guitars you've mentioned
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball