I have fairly small hands. Should I avoid jumbo frets? What type/name brand guitar would accomodate my hands?
I have had a life-long struggle with this an could really use some experienced help.
Thanks
I've got small-ish hands too, but I haven't had any major issues...I use Ibanez guitars, that seems to work pretty well.
You'll be fine with any guitar really. Small hands are only a problem for bass players.
When you talk about the size of the frets, you mean the dimensions of the actual fret wire not the distances between the different frets.

So basically, the size of the frets don't matter when it comes to the size of your hands.
I didn't think jumbo frets affected the scale length of the guitar, but only how high the fretwire is... no?
Quote by Zycho
You'll be fine with any guitar really. Small hands are only a problem for bass players.

Wrong. I have small hands and I handle a full size Precision bass with no problems whatsoever. With proper technique, playing guitar or bass with small hands should not be an issue. The trick is to make scales and "spider scales" part of your daily routine to increase your flexibility.
Quote by anarkee

Wrong. I have small hands and I handle a full size Precision bass with no problems whatsoever. With proper technique, playing guitar or bass with small hands should not be an issue. The trick is to make scales and "spider scales" part of your daily routine to increase your flexibility.

I didn't say you couldn't play bass with small hands. I have small hands and play bass fine myself, I was just trying to emphasize that it doesn't matter how small your hands are it won't be a problem when it comes to guitar. kthx.