I was going to get a new modeling amp so I could play basically any genre and have some good effects as well. I was set on the Peavey Vypyr until my parents said " Get an amp that'll last you forever, I don't want to buy another one for you". Now that's not possible, there's no amp that would last me forever. But, I had a good one in mind. I showed them the Peavey Valveking 112. And they said sure, but you have to get the display one since it costs a lot. After inspecting the amp carefully, it was in good condition and the guy said it had only been there for 5 days. He gave us 20% off and I also got an 18.5 foot Live Wire cable as well. It came up to about $380 with tax and I walked off with a new Valveking and not another modeling SS.

Here is a pic with my Dean

I haven't cranked it because I don't really jam much and I don't gig but it's still sounds good at 0.5 volume(Parents won't let me go past that)
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
You wanted an amp that will last forever and you got a valveking? That seems contradictory.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
HNAD.

Parents suck sometimes. And your gas is going to hit again pretty soon, believe me.

Oh yeah, and

Clipz

na
Quote by Kevin Saale
You wanted an amp that will last forever and you got a valveking? That seems contradictory.

Well, he is a minor and his parents bought him the amp. I don't think they understand gear acquisition syndrome and who it effects the most.
I'm still GASing for stuff. Doesn't everyone??

Kevin Saale: it isn't the best amp ever but anything is better than my Spider
Guitars
Amps
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
Last edited by Don Tonberry at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by Don Tonberry
I'm still GASing for stuff. Doesn't everyone??

I feel you, bro.

I just bought an amp and cab, and now am looking to buy a guitar.

I'll probably have 2 more amps this time next year
TS, congrats on the new amp!

Being a member of the old-timers club, I can tell you that nothing lasts forever. When my mom bought me my first Marshall in 1986 I thought that was the last amp I will ever own... Since then, I've gone through 2 more Marshalls, a Crate, a Fender and some rack gear mosfet bs

Anyway, enjoy it while you can... and yes, GAS will hit you again soon!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by Kevin Saale

Lol, tis true. I would hardly call the valveking great but it is still a great step up. HNAD
Uhh, my parents wanted me to get something that lasted forever but I never said that the Valveking would last forever.
Guitars
Amps
Pedals
Quote by Don Tonberry
Uhh, my parents wanted me to get something that lasted forever but I never said that the Valveking would last forever.

Ok, that makes more sense. You should've told them a trainwreck would last you forever and would make a suitable down payment on a house if you quit guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
congrats bro!

new amp days are always fun.

it does take time to break in and tweak no doubt this amp.

hop over to the The Only Valve King Discussion Thread if you have not already. My advice is to get an OD boost pedal like a Bad Monkey for $50 and you'll be rockin'
I've never gotten such at discount on a display model around here at any store, they either offer it at full price or haggle down a little

Happy NAD!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^I got my cab for $40 off their going price...
congratz man. glad to see we've got another person running a set of t00bs!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i got my valveking 112 off the display aswell and it turned out good i paid about the same as you. I too would recommend a overdrive pedal i went with the tubescreamer ts808 and i would also start thinking about replacing the stock speaker.....
Nice wall! Sorry - re-doing a condo and I like classic chair rails.

Congrats on the new gear! Happy NAD! Just wait til you're home alone and be careful not to knock anything too expensive off the walls!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What the **** do you need an 18.5 foot cable for?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
What the **** do you need an 18.5 foot cable for?

What do you care? He stands far away.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
What do you care? He stands far away.

Inquiring minds would like to know!
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
Inquiring minds would like to know!

Well I just got owned then xD.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
actually all three of my guitar cables are 20 ft'rs. I have shorter ones for pedals and such. He'll want to stand back a bit...trust me.

As are mine. 10ft cables are way too short, no room to move around, especially bad when you're in a band and are tripping over everyone else because you're all bunched up.

I use a 10ft cable from amp to pedals, then small patch cables and a 20ft cable from pedals to guitar, that is, if I'm using pedals, which doesn't happen very often. Otherwise it's just amp > 20ft cable > guitar.

I don't care if it takes away a bit of tone, being able to stand far enough away from my amp so I don't get horrendous amounts of feedback is worth the loss.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by osmar1
i got my valveking 112 off the display aswell and it turned out good i paid about the same as you. I too would recommend a overdrive pedal i went with the tubescreamer ts808 and i would also start thinking about replacing the stock speaker.....

Maybe once I start gigging(if I ever), I'll get an OD and replace the speaker but for now it's fine.

And yeah, I stand pretty far back so that's why I needed the 18.5 ft cable. My old 3 foot one is kinda short ya know?
Guitars
Amps
Pedals
Sell the Spider now. Get an EQ, it would help make the amp more versatile.
Congrats again, I use a 20 foot cord.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.