Thomasg2488
Thomas
163 IQ
Forum to discuss who we think would be the best choice for Velvet Revolver to go with and whether or not this is a sign Guns N Roses should reunite.
Smashing through the boundaries, lunacy has found me, cannot stop the BATTERY!!!
Eric 666
Banned
1,687 IQ
This is not the place, take it to the Velvet Revolver thread (I imagine there is one)
blue_strat
UG Amplified Editor
1,481 IQ
I don't think you can decide what GnR "should" do.

It's been more than a decade since the original GnR broke up, and we still have a kind of idealised image of them, based on Appetite etc. They've all changed; they aren't the same people they were back then, and all of their styles have changed to some degree. A reunion probably won't be as epic as you might think - for one thing, they had reasons for splitting up, and who knows whether they would want to reunite for whatever reasons.
breadfan82
UG's Undertaker
541 IQ
Weird Al should head up Velvet Revolver. That way everyone could finally see what a joke that band is.
My Main Gear:
Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine Signature
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
ak10
Banned
508 IQ
Cornell should be the obvious choice. His voice and slash's guitar, Audioslave was great, but Velet Revolver with Cornell as there frontman would be even better.
NOtrab
UG's Pearl Jam freak
180 IQ
yeah cornell would be cool!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Korzack
World-class-Waster
1,008 IQ
Quote by breadfan82
Weird Al should head up Velvet Revolver. That way everyone could finally see what a joke that band is.

I would personally pay good money to see that, Weird Al is a far more talented guy than he's given credit for.
As for VR... I'd say give it a go with Duff on vocals, he used to do all right for punk stuff. Aside from that? I'd say go for an unknown.
(Also, VR have a thread in the modern rock forum, I'd say try there, they're probably talking the same thing)
EDIT: I don't get the obvious-ness of Cornell - He'd seem like another Weiland case all over again - typical Lead singer disease, Only this time you'd wind up pissing Dave off even further
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United