I have a 2007 '57 Fender Stratocaster Reissue...

i was having a little too much fun with the whammy bar, and it just snapped. all of the threads are still in the hole, so its filled in with the broken piece of the Trem Bar

what do i do? is it possible to take the piece out? or do i need a whole new Tremolo system? like, a bridge and everything??

hellpp meeee ;(

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
haha I just watched a RHCP video where John broke his like that and threw it in the crowd. but as for fixing it, I would say just take it to the shop and have them look at it.
just try to find a way to unscrew whats left of your whammy bar? is that all that's broken?
Quote by doom3rulz
Did you just call Hoobastank "metal"?
u need 2 get a screww driver really hot so that u can melt the piece that got stuck so that u can take it out or just superglue it to somethin and try to take it out
use something small but strong and super glue it to the broker peice. once the glue drys, try to unscrew it with the object attached
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by tonecho94
u need 2 get a screww driver really hot so that u can melt the piece that got stuck so that u can take it out or just superglue it to somethin and try to take it out

wait. are you twelve?

i'm just absolutely certain that he'd love to stick a screwdriver HOT ENOUGH TO MELT METAL into his guitar. That would be the epitome of intelligence.

And superglue. Really? It could work, but there are other options.

Take apart your bridge and see what you can do. If you can't get it, just take the bridge to a shop. You can always replace the entire thing.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
wait. are you twelve?

i'm just absolutely certain that he'd love to stick a screwdriver HOT ENOUGH TO MELT METAL into his guitar. That would be the epitome of intelligence.

Take apart your bridge and see what you can do. If you can't get it, just take the bridge to a shop. You can always replace the entire thing.

Yeah, remove the bridge itsself before you try anything else.
try to get the piece out by pressing a screwdriver against it and turning it til a little bit of the bar is out, then unscrew the rest with your fingers
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by theoreticmusic
wait. are you twelve?

lmao yeah no i dont exactly wanna melt my entire bridge...

i guess ill try taking apart the bridge to see what i can do.

thanks for the suggestions everyone
hopefully ill have my baby moaning again in no time :P

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Mitchell?
Not to mention that a screwdriver is also metal...

a screwdriver is a much more hardened alloy with a higher melting point than a bridge. a good one, at least.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
a screwdriver is a much more hardened alloy with a higher melting point than a bridge. a good one, at least.

True.

I was assuming it was a cheap-o one. I've melted one of those before.
Quote by tatorbits
I have a 2007 '57 Fender Stratocaster Reissue...

i was having a little too much fun with the whammy bar, and it just snapped. all of the threads are still in the hole, so its filled in with the broken piece of the Trem Bar

what do i do? is it possible to take the piece out? or do i need a whole new Tremolo system? like, a bridge and everything??

hellpp meeee ;(

Try unscrewing it, if you manage to unscrew it and you still want to use, get pliers and remove the melted mess on the termolo bar screwing place (if you want to reuse it). depends also how much it got melted
just had that problem and solved it. i cant screw my termolo as i used to screw it, but still goes in a bit and still usefull.