Okay I've made a few threads now about which guitar/amp I wanna get but I think if found the ones for me. I want a Peavey ValveKing 112 Amp. and for The guitar I think I will get a Fender Standard Strat. But I have a question, should I get a maple or rosewood fretboard? Wat is the difference? I mostly play classic rock like Zeppelin and AC/DC but some modern and some Metallica from about the 80''s I guess ( one, fade to black, anything from the black album). So....wat does UG think.
In the greater scheme of things it makes next to no difference, pick the one that looks nicest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i like the look and feel of maple.........are you getting a h/s/s or a s/s/s strat. the h/s/s would be a very good choice with the VK lots of tonal options.
i suggest at least one humbucker, and if you want a floyd then get a Good model floyd.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
do they make standard strats with double locking tremolos?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by sglover34479
Thank You. Would a Strat and a ValveKing sound alright or what?

The guitar is fine but I used to have a Peavey Valveking and I could barely stand it at times. Doesn't do metal at all, cleans are just ok, distortion is bland. You;d be much better off with a Crate V50 with a good quality OD. This is just my opinion but I do have experience with it and also HUMS SO DAMN MUCH with single coils ESPECIALLY P90's. Anyways it's your choice but I really think the crate is a better deal and the VK cant do any form of metal I dotn care what anyone says, its just not voiced for metal stock. Good luck and you should love that guitar especially if you get the HSS.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Deep*Kick
do they make standard strats with double locking tremolos?

Yup, and, if I remember right, they're pretty good LFRs, I think.

It might be the same one Jackson use, but, who knows? Not I.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Thx guys. As for the link that was one a I was looking at but I have a question. Is this guitar
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039
a mexican made strat. If it is should I still get it? Wats different??
Also no matter wat now I'm gonna get an hss cause I need a nice humbucker for ma metal
Thx guys. As for the link that was one a I was looking at but I have a question. Is this guitar
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039
a mexican made strat. If it is should I still get it? Wats different??
Also no matter wat now I'm gonna get an hss cause I need a nice humbucker for ma metal[/QUOTE

ya its mexican, and yes you shud still get it, cuz americans are $1000.
as for the difference, americans just have overall better pickups, wood, neck(although some mim strats can have necks just as good as americans, u gotta get lucky though), andth hardware i just higher quality.
but mim strats kick @$$ so get that fat strat
btw use the search bar for the difference between mim and mia, there are like 30 threads on it, and some of the big ons hve very useful info