so i was thinking about getting my first acoustic guitar. checked all over ug for the best choices and stuff. but then i found this...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Performer-Tribal-Cutaway-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=516479

i was just wondering if anyone here has ever played this or knows anything about it.
and whether it'd be a good or if i should just go with an acoustic.

thanks
Quote by sxymnky777
I think it is an ugly guitar

I think thats an ugly subjective comment

anyway TS , my experience with dean acoustics is very smilar to my experience to ibanez acoustics

pretty , but cheaply made

but do realise it's not my place to say that deans suck

always play before you buy
I personally never trust acoustic guitars made by companies reputed for making metalhead electric guitars... Just out of personal bad experience.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
im not sure the local shop has it (i didn't see it last time i was there)

but i was thinking if people had something good to say about it id give it a shot, and if i didnt like it, id just send it back
Quote by all time anth
im not sure the local shop has it (i didn't see it last time i was there)

but i was thinking if people had something good to say about it id give it a shot, and if i didnt like it, id just send it back

Compare it to the other Acoustics while you're there. Because just buying it and taking it home, you may like it, but without realising that the one right beside may have sounded and played better.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
It doesn't seem to have a solid top, unless I'm missing something. You can get a solid top for $300 and it will improve the tone tenfold. See the "acoustics for under $300" thread.

BTW, every Dean acoustic I have tried felt and sounded like a child's toy. Felt like it was made of plastic, and sounded thin with a ton of buzz.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

it says it has a solid spruce top and maple back and side in the paragraph under the picture
Quote by SeanNapier

but do realise it's not my place to say that deans suck

always play before you buy

if you're not going to say it then I will. Dean acoustic guitars suck. Any company that can make an abomination such as the Dean Flying V acoustic will never make a good acoustic guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Last edited by captivate at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by captivate
if you're not going to say it then I will. Dean acoustic guitars suck. Any company that can make an abomination such as the Dead Flying V acoustic will never make a good acoustic guitar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-V-Coustic-Thin-Body-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar--Natural-512910-i1171857.gc

-Edit

this was a review i found:

" OMG BEST EVER
recomend this guitar for any player Best guitar that i myself have ever played and i happen to be a proffesional If your buying your first acoustic-eletric there is no better than this The tone the clarity the sleek design and the price can't be beat Recomend for anyone but especially For Highschool-teenage level guitar players playing between a year and two Best of its time"
Last edited by SeanNapier at Sep 15, 2008,
Ya...I'm not so much experienced with acoustics but I have played a dean acoustic or two when I was looking for my first guitar, and to use a very poplular phrase in the acoustic forum for bad guitars, AVOID DEAN ACOUSTICS LIKE THE PLAUGE! There, I said it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
can you say......Lame ?
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")