Im gunna say the same thing i said in another bands thread... how is it possible you have 20,000 views?

The music is alright for what it is, although extremely generic, and dare i say... regressive. And some sections are seriously out of time.

This isnt directed soley towards your band, but more towards a common trend in general.... but i am extremely annoyed by the amount of (mainly metalcore) bands who listen to bands like Between the Burried and Me and then label themselves as 'progressive'. Hate to get all elitist on you, but progressive should be about trying something different and unique, not copying a different and unique band...
Quote by mattallica
Im gunna say the same thing i said in another bands thread... how is it possible you have 20,000 views?

The music is alright for what it is, although extremely generic, and dare i say... regressive. And some sections are seriously out of time.

This isnt directed soley towards your band, but more towards a common trend in general.... but i am extremely annoyed by the amount of (mainly metalcore) bands who listen to bands like Between the Burried and Me and then label themselves as 'progressive'. Hate to get all elitist on you, but progressive should be about trying something different and unique, not copying a different and unique band...

+1

Not many people really think about what progressive is.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
I don't remember us every copying BTBAM when we had this song written or in mind. There is not a part in that song that I could see BTBAM playing in their own music. We labeled ourselves progressive because our songs are different based upon the other music that is out there and currently popular in our area. No one else within this state even comes close to a melodic-prog sound. The others just play Hardcore or deathcore. Obviously not what we're playing there. There was nothing in your post that even remotely helped critique that song, either.
You asked what we thought of the song... i said that it was generic and sloppy.
I wasn't directly referring to you copying Between the Buried and me, just using them as an example.

Care to enlighten me about what about your music is 'progressive'?
There isn't much Death Metal in there. The only thing Death Metal about the song was the sool... I saw a little Chuck in there

That was straight up Hardcore stuff.
Last edited by Graveworm at Sep 17, 2008,
There wasnt anything really progressive about that. At all. Nothing even death metal.

It sounded like Metalcore, maybe some melodic death in there, but nothing truly original.

Before you call yourself Progressive Death, listen to more bands. Death is good, but: Cynic, Atheist, Opeth, Nahemah, Orphaned Land...
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
There wasnt anything really progressive about that. At all. Nothing even death metal.

It sounded like Metalcore, maybe some melodic death in there, but nothing truly original.

Before you call yourself Progressive Death, listen to more bands. Death is good, but: Cynic, Atheist, Opeth, Nahemah, Orphaned Land...

Yeah, and it is so weird that he has Chucks. as his avatar. I surprised that it was all metalcore stuff.
That was pretty funny but mostly because of the recording quality. Don't give up keep trying and take all this criticism and better yourselves.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Your drummer is way off and it kind of ruins the track.
Just worry about gettin each element of your band to flow properly and i don't think it would be that bad.
It sounds like each member adds some talent to it but just not the ability to work together in sync.
drums sounded like someone playing it on a keyboard
A man that falls to his knees is a man of disease.