Page 1 of 2
I can build custom guitars from scratch the only thing I don't do is the fingerboards (I buy them pre-radiused and pre-slotted because I don't have tools to make them) and the finishing unless it's a tung oil or tru oil type finish I get it professionally done. I will make a thread of the build with many pics. If you decide that you do not like the guitar when you get it I will take it back and refund you minus $100 and shipping unless the parts are too expensive. I would also put together guitars from parts too. Over my last couple of builds I have figured out many things to make the guitars better such as making templates beforehand etc. PM me if your interested at all and I'll give you a price quote.
here are some pictures:

The finish looks like theres some orange peel in the second picture. Does it really look like that, or is it just dust and the flash from the camera?
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
The finish looks like theres some orange peel in the second picture. Does it really look like that, or is it just dust and the flash from the camera?

I should have wrote that the orange peel was intended for that guitar I saw it before it got polished and liked it a lot so I decided to keep it that way.
Ok, so could you possibly post a clsoe up of the first guitars finish so we can see the quality of your actuall finishing work? Just trying to help you out here
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
I have them finished by the same people that do all the finishing at michael humphries woodworking here's a website that has a lot better pics just not guitars http://www.michaelhumphries.com//

Here's a few pics I'm not a that good of a photographer at all.

Also here's some pics of a telecaster I made from parts I had the body refinished at the same place.

Really nice work, wish you all the best. I would get you to make one for me, but I probably couldn't afford it.
Ok, thanks. I just didn't want anyone to look at that second pic and then doubt your finishing jobs. Great work by the way! Free Bump!
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
Ok, thanks. I just didn't want anyone to look at that second pic and then doubt your finishing jobs. Great work by the way! Free Bump!

Thanks for the help I didn't even think about it.
Quote by shadow phoenix
Really nice work, wish you all the best. I would get you to make one for me, but I probably couldn't afford it.

Thanks, I'm just starting so for a simple guitar I could probably go as low as $650 all together.
I would consider it as good as one from the shop, that's how I try to price them but you have a lot more options on what you want to it all depends on how much the parts cost.
i like the red guitar in the first picture how much are you selling it for?
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter S1+
Schecter Gryphon
Mesa Dual Rec.
Line6 Spider lll 75Watt Combo
WAY too many effects to list
Quote by Downer01
i like the red guitar in the first picture how much are you selling it for?
I'm not selling that one I could make one like that if you were interested, the price depends on what options you want pm me if your interested
Also I put a lot of work into these guitars and I my prices are under what I think I deserve but I can't really charge too much because I'm just starting.
my pm's dont work on this site for some reason, but yes it's it's very possible that i could be interested in one of your guitars here in the near future. how much would one like that red one run me in a sunburst finish with a 22 fret neck, maple or rosewood fingerboard, it doesn't matter whichever one you can get the easiest is fine with me. i would like just the basic strat layout with a duncan hot rail in the bridge and a cool rail in the neck, donesn't really matter whats in the middle (suprise me). about how much you think that would cost? here's my email if you dont want to quote a price here on the boards Pinhead1634@aol.com

Thanks-
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter S1+
Schecter Gryphon
Mesa Dual Rec.
Line6 Spider lll 75Watt Combo
WAY too many effects to list
wow, I may take you up on a telecaster body. Just the body though, I have a neck lying around. I'll come up with some specs to get a quote later on, I got a test in 10 minutes XD
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ezlntrooper
wow, I may take you up on a telecaster body. Just the body though, I have a neck lying around. I'll come up with some specs to get a quote later on, I got a test in 10 minutes XD

Ok let me know I would need the neck to fit the neck pocket though. I would also be interested in trades for the labor mostly looking for a tiny terror but may be interested in other things.
Yea, definitely, I'll get the dimensions of the neck so you can know how to make the neck cavity and all that jazz (or do you mean to actually send you the neck?). i was hoping to get a flamed maple thinline telecaster body with an F-hole. I actually have some thin flamed maple i bought from universaljems awhile back that would work. it's two pieces and i'd be willing to send it to you to use on the build.

and what other things are you looking for in trades? I have a few pedals around; a dunlop crybaby, Ibanez tubescreamer (modified by ecisthebest from these forums) and an AMP preamp. also got a toneport GX with the software.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
bump
the prices will be lower for now than what I'd like since I'm just starting out
i have kramer i want re-done would you do it?

it has a floydrose trem but the locking nut system is cheap it needs to be re placed or it needs a whole new neck i dont know. also i would want it to be re-finished. and set up. and new pick up.

how much would it cost to do that itf your even willing to?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Are you only able to do strat-like and tele-like bodies? Or are you able to make V-type shapes as well?
Quote by Jammin_Jim
Are you only able to do strat-like and tele-like bodies? Or are you able to make V-type shapes as well?

I can do anything pretty much if your interested, any body shape, set neck, neck through, bolt on, etc. My prices are cheapest usually for something like a telecaster than the more complicated and the more parts the more the price goes up.
As a rough price I could do a simple telecaster with gfs pickups for about $650. A strat probably $700. I'm just starting I'm trying to build up a reputation so I really don't expect to be making much off these.
Hey 420,

Do you build semi-hollows?

I saw a killer S-H Gibson LP DC style body on Ebay a while back, but the price was WAY high. It was a flat top, not arched. Set up for humbuckers, one tone, and one volume.

I think the top was flame maple laminate.

How much for something along those lines?
Quote by dynadude
Hey 420,

Do you build semi-hollows?

I saw a killer S-H Gibson LP DC style body on Ebay a while back, but the price was WAY high. It was a flat top, not arched. Set up for humbuckers, one tone, and one volume.

I think the top was flame maple laminate.

How much for something along those lines?

I'm just looking for a body, not a complete guitar. I have bolt on necks and hardware.

For you other guys here, a custom built guitar is the way to go, unless you have unlimited funds.

I have a Tele style custom that is my favorite guitar. Most of the funds went into a great neck and pickups. The hardware, neck, and set-up are what really make a great guitar. The body shape and wood are secondary, IMHO.
I'm also willing to build just necks or bodies finished or unfinished. Or both together.
Page 1 of 2