15 13%
Pay full price, this guy is a dick
23 20%
Don't waste so much money on clothing
75 66%
Voters: 114.
Page 1 of 2
So.
This kid I know works at Hollister. Call it a gay clothing store all you want, I don't care. But he says he can get me a discount on whatever I want there, so of course, I ask him how much he can reduce this one jacket I want. It's originally $140. He tells me he can get it for almost $120 plus tax.
But here is the catch.
He tells me he wants me to pay him a little extra because he is the one getting the discount for me. In other words, I'm paying him money to save money. Pretty gay, IMO.

Should I pay him to get a discount?

It's this, BTW.
http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10251_10201_441359_-1_12572_12551
I think it's pretty sweet. Fuzzy and warm. I'm tired of the giant puffy winter coats >_>

EDIT: To all you guys who call it a stupid store etc. etc. I used to get clothes at Kohls and places like that, but I gotta be honest, clothes from Hollister and other 'cool guy' stores like that have much more comfortable clothes. I've only got a few shirts and hoodies from Aeropostale and a shirt from Hollister, so I'm not 100% fag yet.
Last edited by RPGoof at Sep 15, 2008,
idk, probably as long as your saving
and hollister is not a gay clothing store for all of you who think it is
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
How much do you have to pay him?

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
You'd be saving $15 max. Not worth it IMO.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by RPGoof
So.
This kid I know works at Hollister. Call it a gay clothing store all you want, I don't care. But he says he can get me a discount on whatever I want there, so of course, I ask him how much he can reduce this one jacket I want. It's originally $140. He tells me he can get it for almost $120 plus tax.
But here is the catch.
He tells me he wants me to pay him a little extra because he is the one getting the discount for me. In other words, I'm paying him money to save money. Pretty gay, IMO.

Well, since you said so.....

It's a gay clothing store
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Quote by RPGoof
Call it a gay clothing store all you want

Not gay, just overpriced because it has their fancy name of it.
Why the hell would you spend $120 on a jacket?

$10 Wal-mart jacket, FTW!
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
dude, he is only getting you $20 off, and then he wants some $ for himself. i hardly see how its better than just buying it for $140.

maybe if he could get it for you for like $100, and he wanted an extra $20 or something.

how much is he asking you to give him?
I wouldnt waste my money. You can get a perfectly good jacket somewhere else thats cheaper.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
120 bucks? seriously it was made by a little kid missing 2 fingers in a sweatshop.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Quote by RPGoof
So.
This kid I know works at Hollister. Call it a gay clothing storeall you want, I don't care. But he says he can get me a discount on whatever I want there, so of course, I ask him how much he can reduce this one jacket I want. It's originally $140. He tells me he can get it for almost $120 plus tax.
But here is the catch.

i think that's you answer right there.

he pretty much wants you to pay him so he gets direct profit. your technically not saving that much anyway.

and plus, gay clothing store? comon
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I don't like that shit necause I find that all the ppl wearing it are stuck up bitchy assholes,
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
how about not pay so much for clothes from a store that makes you look like a complete retarded tool.....
why dont you just be nice and tell him to get the discount but then give him the $ as if it were regular price. I would do that, seriously, because if you are really willing to spend $120 on a jacket I'm sure you would spend $140 on it even if you didn't have this option... so spend the $140 and then your dude can buy you a case or something sometime and nobody will feel like they're getting cheated.
Quote by Johl

yes
Concerts
All Points West - August 1st
Krockathon 14 - August 8th
You're better off spending the money on women and alcohol.

Oh wait......Hollister..............

Stick to men
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Quote by slipmaggot93
120 bucks? seriously it was made by a little kid missing 2 fingers in a sweatshop.

see, thats it, hollister has the fancy, new, only missing two finger models. im stuck with this piece of crap jacket that was made by a kid missing 4 fingers.
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by Johl

YES

or at least like a cool 30-50 dollar skate one from zumiez or somethin...
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
I'd shop there if I was made of money, but I'm not. Target clothes are the bomb. But like Wyantsm said, just buy the discount and give him the extra $20. If you were going to spend $140 originally, $20 isn't really much.
Regardless of my opinions on Hollister and paying $120 for a jacket, how much are you really going to save? $20 off the thing, then how much do you have to pay the guy? You could save more money with a coupon.

In fact, you should tell the guy's boss what he's up to for trying to waste your time.
You're*
Quote by pwrmax
Not gay, just overpriced because it has their fancy name of it.

And their fancy name, in turn, turns the consumer into a walking advertisement. That's why you never see Hollister commercials. They don't need them.
120 bucks? For a Hollister jacket?

Jesus Christ, if you're willing to shell out that much, at least go get something that isn't worn by half the dicks in your school.
Quote by RPGoof
So.
But here is the catch.

120 dollars for a ****ing JACKET?

saving 20$ wouldn't be enough of a reason to buy a 140$ jacket I wouldn't buy otherwise... Just look around, I would never spend that much money on a jacket, you'll find you can get really nice hoodies for 50-80 bucks at various stores, just find some you like.

And I just realized I'm unbanned... PARTY! Reading people argue with the mods gets boring after a while.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Just steal it, I'm sure he won't report you.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
you know how many cheap hookers you can buy with that money!!!.....93! well 64 if you dont want aids but still thats 64 hookers!!!
Quote by caskettheclown
how about not pay so much for clothes from a store that makes you look like a complete retarded tool.....

I'm sure you look great with your cool band shirts. Get over it not everyone likes them.

I say you give him something else. Not necessarily cash, but you could just tell him you'll buy him a beer later or whatever.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
You know it's a cool clothing company when the website doesn't have "men" it has "dudes". your off the hook amigo. Hollister, abercrombie, aeropostale and american eagle are all expressionless companies. but if you want it, fine, be a nice guy and give the guy 20 bucks.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by shut_up_n00b
I'm sure you look great with your cool band shirts. Get over it not everyone likes them.

I say you give him something else. Not necessarily cash, but you could just tell him you'll buy him a beer later or whatever.

changing my opinion is like finding diversity in an A&E catalog.....good luck trying
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
You know it's a cool clothing company when the website doesn't have "men" it has "dudes". your off the hook amigo. Hollister, abercrombie, aeropostale and american eagle are all expressionless companies. but if you want it, fine, be a nice guy and give the guy 20 bucks.

I like to refer to them as the 4 horse men of the apocalypse.the signs that American decadence means a jacket cost as much as what some people live on for a year.
its only 20 bucks man

plus 140 isnt much for a jacket
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Yeah seriously.
My jacket was $300 (albeit its leather).

I would never pay that much for that jacket because I live in Canada and it gets down in the -30's for a few weeks in the winter. That thing is tiny.
I'll take option 3 for $1000.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
isnt that 120 bucks for your rig and guitar shit?

sorry had to say it.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by Beebaboo
http://frostyfleece.com/Hooded_Fleece_Hooded_Faux_Fur_Jackets.htm

There: Fleece, lined jackets for $60 less than that Hollister jacket.

holy fuck that's one epic jacket.

You're not saving much money, he's just trying to make it seem like a good deal for you so he can make more. Plus, that's a gay hoodie, and 140 is waayyyyyyyyyyy to much. 50 or 60 max, dude. Just buy a normal looking hoodie save yourself 100 bucks and not look like a tool.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Go for it. If you really want the jacket, why wouldn't you? So the guy makes a little pocket money. He is doing you a favor. And think of it this way, It may be a case where he only gets so many things discounted so often. If thats true, then its perfectly reasonable for him to ask that.
Page 1 of 2