Ok, so I've narrowed my guitar choices down.

Right now, I'm looking at:

Epiphone Firebird Studio
Epiphone G400/SG Custom
Gretsch Pro Jet Electromatic
Gretsch Corvette Reissue
Washburn WI64
Epiphone Wildkat

Any of the guitars without a bigsby will have one added.

Any comparable suggestions are appreciated.

Details are in this thread.

Willing to stretch budget to 600 including the added vibrato, so if the guitar you suggest doesn't have a vibrato tailpiece, it should be $500.

Thank you for your help.
From what your previous post looked like, I think any of the axes you want are a great choice.

Here's my rating/suggestion

1. Epiphone Wildkat/Gretsch Corvette Reissue.
I think Gretsch Guitars sound great for any kind of music except metal. I'm leaning on the Gretsch Corvette and Wildkat b/c they both come with a tailpiece, but I would choose a Gretsch over any Epi any day. Also the wildkat is a hollowbody, so any distortion may give you unwanted screechy feedback

2. Epiphone Firebird Studio/Epiphone G400/SG Custom
The Firebird sounds like it would be a good deal if you are playing extremely distorted blues, along with the G-400. If you want an all-around guitar, I would choose this if you are leaning on distortion.

3. Washburn WI64/Gretsch Pro Jet Electromatic
To be honest with you, I never have heard of the Washburn WI64. I think the gretsch pro jet electromatic is a good choice if you want to be a chet atkins guitarist, because that's what the pro jet is based on. I personally would not want a gretsch if it don't come with a bigsby.

BONUS: Why don't you look up the gretsch electromatic 5120 hollowbody, It is about $630, but it has a strong resemblance to their famous 6120.
Quote by l0rd0ct0d0rk
From what your previous post looked like, I think any of the axes you want are a great choice.

Here's my rating/suggestion

1. Epiphone Wildkat/Gretsch Corvette Reissue.
I think Gretsch Guitars sound great for any kind of music except metal. I'm leaning on the Gretsch Corvette and Wildkat b/c they both come with a tailpiece, but I would choose a Gretsch over any Epi any day. Also the wildkat is a hollowbody, so any distortion may give you unwanted screechy feedback

2. Epiphone Firebird Studio/Epiphone G400/SG Custom
The Firebird sounds like it would be a good deal if you are playing extremely distorted blues, along with the G-400. If you want an all-around guitar, I would choose this if you are leaning on distortion.

3. Washburn WI64/Gretsch Pro Jet Electromatic
To be honest with you, I never have heard of the Washburn WI64. I think the gretsch pro jet electromatic is a good choice if you want to be a chet atkins guitarist, because that's what the pro jet is based on. I personally would not want a gretsch if it don't come with a bigsby.

BONUS: Why don't you look up the gretsch electromatic 5120 hollowbody, It is about $630, but it has a strong resemblance to their famous 6120.

It's like your in my head!

How does the Vette sound with some nice crunch? The only two gainy gretsch sounds that I've heard are Malcolm Young and Jack White, but those are duo-jets/custom triple jets.
To be honest with you, I don't know, my friend who owns a gretsch corvette don't have gain on his amp. He doesn't have crunch distortion on any of his pedals, either. Crunch probably wouldn't produce feedback because the corvette is a solidbody I think it would sound twangy, which is great if you are a rockabilly kind of person, like me. I think it would handle crunch and distortion better than any other kind of gretsch, but that is just my personal opinion.
Bump before work.

And thanks to l0rd0ct0d0rk for your help.
12th hour bump.
Bump?

Any opinions are appreciated.
i would go with the idol, very versatile guitar, i know some members on this forum have them. i would probably pick one up if i needed either a crunch guitar (which i have) or a metal monster. as for the trem, they make one with a FR now, which i know isnt what you really want. but i think adding a bigsby would keep your budget under 600 USD
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
my only thoughts, as these arent typically my type of guitar to try out, is that i'd personally move from the epi's.

the models i've played and owned in this range, tend to be a little top heavy and have minor electonic defects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'll add that I played an Epi Firebird Studio and I hated it. It played horribly. I played a used Epiphone Sheraton II in your price range before, and it was an excellent guitar.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^I'm not looking for a semi right now other than the Wildkat.

I also wouldn't buy a firebird without playing it first, because all the epi's in that range are hit and miss.

I think I might wait on getting a firebird for a while.

So right now, it's pretty much between the SG and the Corvette. Maybe the Washburn.

Gonna be guitar hunting pretty soon...
I played a corvette recently with the bisby. I thought the guitar played great, I wondered why it wasn't twice the price. Get's my vote over the epi all day long, and I like the epi.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.