Ive been playing guitar for 3 years with my beginners pack Fender Squire Strat and its starting to shit out on me. I went to my local music store and saw this nice cherry red Epiphone SG for $329. I played it and it sounded great. It has 2 humbuckers and 4 knobs, 2 for volume and 2 for tone, and the switch from treble to rhythm. If anybody out there has any reviews for this guitar please post, ive been reading some stuff about it and alot of people say its a beginner guitar.
a well, it can be considered a beginner guitar but in full reality as long as you get the g-400 your getting a good intermediate guitar too!
i have one and it plays like a beauty, sounds great, and has great upper fret access. the only real problem is that the electronics might poop out on you, kinda like mine except you can still play through them. another dislike is that it is neck heavy so the neck dives towards the ground. but you;ll get used to it after a while
hope that helped
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Epiphone G-400
the only problems that have been noticed are as fallowed:
Bad pick-up selectors
semi-muddy pick ups
neck heavy
______
That being, it's still a great guitar
I love mine. The only problems I have are:

Lame pickups (I'll swap them out within a month)
Comes out of tune (Not too often, but I have to tune at least once a day; probably from plastic nut)

And that's really it. I've gotten used to the neck heaviness.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.