I just bought a Vox wah-wah pedal, and I've just installed it...but there's no wah coming from it... the guitar does amplify though, so it goes through the pedal, just without the effect....anybody know what's wrong?
well said.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
is there a battery, did you press the toe all the way down so it clicks? Are you rocking it back and forth? did you plug the cables in correctly?
yeah
make sure the cables are in the correct order/sides
check that it clicks otherwise it won't work
and make sure you have a battery for it or a power source
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by B. Heath
yeah
make sure the cables are in the correct order/sides
check that it clicks otherwise it won't work
and make sure you have a battery for it or a power source

I have everything correct, the battery is the only thing I don't have...it looks like the same jack of a laptop charger...eh?
Quote by StewieGriffin93
I have everything correct, the battery is the only thing I don't have...it looks like the same jack of a laptop charger...eh?

oh god, read the instructions about what output is needed
u dont want to use the wrong power supply

most though are around 9v
Quote by StewieGriffin93

Don't try plugging your laptop charger into your pedal! You're laptop charger is gonna be putting out about 18 volts (give or take a couple) and your pedal only takes 9 volts - not a good idea!

Also I doubt the plug on your laptop charger will fit into the jack on your pedal lol.
Quote by Martindecorum
oh god, read the instructions about what output is needed
u dont want to use the wrong power supply

most though are around 9v

Lol, I forgot to mention it's asking for a 9-volt battery......and the fact that I haven't lived long enough to know what a 9-volt looks like on the spot leads me to ask, WHERE THE HELL?
Quote by StewieGriffin93
Lol, I forgot to mention it's asking for a 9-volt battery......and the fact that I haven't lived long enough to know what a 9-volt looks like on the spot leads me to ask, WHERE THE HELL?

A 9v battery is the rectangular shaped one with the big positive and negative poles on the end of it - you know... the one that everyone likes sticking their tongue on and getting shocked!?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
A 9v battery is the rectangular shaped one with the big positive and negative poles on the end of it - you know... the one that everyone likes sticking their tongue on and getting shocked!?

haha yeah so true
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Sorry guys, I thought these pedals were asking for some heavy portable generator shit...

well thanks for the sarcasmic help, I feegyured it out now... I think I'd look less stupid if I just asked my mom what a 9-volt was.