which is better:
fender princeton reverb reissue
peavey classic 30
mesa boogie express 5:25
and in the fender, there is volume, speed and intensity knob. which one is gain and what are they for?
Ok.
None are better. they are all nice amps. What styles do you play, where do you live, what is you budget and can you go used?
Speed and intensity refers to the tremolo effect. No gain. tremolo is the repeated boosting and cutting of the volume. Speed is how close together the cuts are and intensity is how much volume is lost.
Gain on a Princeton, I'm sorry, that's just funny.

Better for what exactly? They are all great amps.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Unless you tell us what you are going to be playing then we can't really help you out.

They are all great amps but each one is better for certain things than the others.
i'm not looking for heavy metal gain. i mean i saw someone playing distorted on a princeton... he like changed the volume and treble.. how do you do that? can you only play clean on it? princeton about 900 bucks, classic is like 60, and mesa is 1100. i live in S. California. i CAN go used but rather not.... i have bad experience.. what are they each good for?
Quote by mcrfobtai
Ok.
None are better. they are all nice amps. What styles do you play, where do you live, what is you budget and can you go used?
Speed and intensity refers to the tremolo effect. No gain. tremolo is the repeated boosting and cutting of the volume. Speed is how close together the cuts are and intensity is how much volume is lost.

then how do you control the gain on the princeton?
Scratch the express, f-30 is way better if you can live without the 5 watt switch. The switch doesn't do much and the f-30 sounds fine at low volumes anyways.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by hatooku
then how do you control the gain on the princeton?

You crank it so the tubes break up, then you roll down your volume knob for clean.

And you aren't looking for heavy metal gain, 'kay, what are you looking for? Blues, classic rock, ska, what?
thx guys.. what if i add metal(not heavy metal).. then which amp would i get?