I'm a blues man looking to get into thrash metal. would anybody be so kind as to point me in the direction of some easy-ish songs to get me started? the direction i'd like to go is an 'Avenged Sevenfold' or 'All That Remains' kind of thing. any easier songs by them would be highly appreciated.
I don't think that Critical Acclaim by A7X is too hard.

But if you want to go true thrash metal, here's some easy songs.

For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
Trust - Megadeth
Reckoning Day - Megadeth
seek and destroy is like the thrash metal anthem. but i honestly would not ever consider avenged sevenfold to be thrash at all,.
I was gonna say Vasoline by Stone Temple Pilots.

Not thrash, but pretty simple.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
lol. all that remains is metal core and avenged sevenfold is.... mainstream metal i think?

some easy trash songs i know would be

seek and destroy - metallica
countdown to extinction - megadeth
one (intro) - metallica
Just go through a whole lot of 80's Metallica to get the thrash style down. Stuff like and justice for all, where the rhthym isn't too hard at all, or fade to black and learn some leads. With A7X though, you could start off with maybe bat country, unholy confessions or beast and the harlot.
Enter Sandman, if that is classed as thrash. But then again, if you learn most metallica songs in parts, a good blues player will have no problem playing them. I don't anyway, and I'm not even into metallica on the most part.
Last edited by Nathan Sturgess at Sep 20, 2008,
Really guys, Metallica isn't thrash. A few albums dabble in speed metal, but 90% of the time they're straight vanilla heavy metal.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by bincue
I'm a blues man looking to get into thrash metal. would anybody be so kind as to point me in the direction of some easy-ish songs to get me started? the direction i'd like to go is an 'Avenged Sevenfold' or 'All That Remains' kind of thing. any easier songs by them would be highly appreciated.

dont start with metal, get used to the hand shapes n shit. start off with somethin like kryptonite by 3 doors down or rape me by noivana
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Another good song is symphony of destruction by megadeth.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Rythem, or lead also?
Anyways, here are some songs that are fun to play, although I don't expect you to do the leadwork in all of them at first either.

Megadeth-Tornado Of Souls. (Rythem Isn't To Hard, And It's Fun.)
Megadeth-This Was My Life. (Very Fun Song To Play. Easy Solo.)
Megadeth-Sweating Bullets. (Easy To Play.)
Megadeth-Symphony Of Destruction. (Easy, Fun, But The Solo Is A Pain At First.
Megadeth-Angry Again. (One Of My Favorite Songs, Fun To Play.)
Metallica-Seek And Destroy. (Rythems Fun. One Of My First Songs. Leads A Pain.)
Metallica-For Whom The Bell Tolls. (Easy And Fun.)
Metallica-Master Of Puppets. (People Make It Out To Be Harder Then It Is, Because It's All Down Picked, But If You Start Slow And Progress, It's Fun To Play.)

As stated, Metallica isn't really thrash. I myself consider there first 3 or 4 albums to be thrash, but ever since the Black Album, it hasn't been the same. Kind of the same with Megadeth, I liked everything up to, and including, Countdown. Testament also has some good songs, but I never learned to play them so I can't really judge how easy they are.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Sep 21, 2008,
I Dissapear Metallica
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking