I'm looking at getting a multi-fx pedal soon, and I'm considering the gt10.

I've heard this pedal can switch between between the channels on your amp. Can anyone confirm this?

It's appealing to me because it would definitely save me a few bucks from buying the expensive JSX footswitch along with a number of other pedals.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Yes, I asked a guy in a shop to demonstrate the GT-10 a little, and he showed me that with a little parameter editing, you can make so that either of the two CTRL pedals to change your amp's channel.
I was extremely dissapointed with the GT-8's sound quality but maybe the GT-10 is better.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Went on my mates GT-10 the other day, and its great !

can do so much stuff. But takes awhile to program everything etc
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Ghold125
i really like the GT's sound quality. But I do not think that a multi effects pedal is able to switch the channels on that of your JSX. And instead of the rip off Foot switch that Peavey sells, you could just using something like
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-FS3X-3-Button-Footswitch?sku=156604

Believe what you want, but the shopkeeper who gave me a demonstration changed his amp channel between distortion and clean with the use of GT-10. Now I don't know how this works with amplifiers with more than 2 channels though.
hrmm, did he change the channel on the amp or the amp model from the gt-10?
what ever the case, ill just go to my local guitar center and see.
You can use a gt 10 to switch amps channel. The channel switch cable has to be pluged into the gt10 for it to work. Page 132 of the GT10 manual explains this.
Last edited by stujomo at Nov 22, 2008,