A 2 Channel MESA/Boogie Triple Rectifier 150 W Solo head.

So she's real mean and nasty on the outside.

Dayumn!

So I figure this gal can't be all that mean...

I was right!

Biggest kicker of all this is that I don't have a cabinet. And I'm about 400 $ in debt for this amp. Time to start saving.

But I am more than happy. It came with a nice roadcase, which unforunately couldn't handle all the pains of UPS. Some of the tubes broke their bases (the positioning parts.) And a few things were loose inside, but I fixed em up. I wanted to get to know 'er better anyways, so this helped.

Big props to Erock for helping me out with making sure everything was fine and for hooking me up with the seller.

Cheers,
Can
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Last edited by CrushedCan at Sep 15, 2008,
I've always wanted to know, does the head acutally play any sound. I mean I see people buying this stuff and saying its awesome but I don't see any spot for the sound to come out.
Once you get a cab i demand sound clips.

Quote by srq89
I've always wanted to know, does the head acutally play any sound. I mean I see people buying this stuff and saying its awesome but I don't see any spot for the sound to come out.

Its an amp head... You have to hook it up to a speaker cabinet to get sound to come out of it....
Quote by srq89

You need a speaker cab to hook a head up to - a head is pretty much just an amp's electronic components minus a built-in speaker.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Final !mpact
Once you get a cab i demand sound clips.

lmao. I demand some sound myself. Minimum wage sucks

Vader cab fund... -440/500 $
Blackstar HT-5

Holy congrats man. Once you get some noise makers that thing will melt every face in 3 mile radius.
Quote by highwayone73
Holy congrats man. Once you get some noise makers that thing will melt every face in 3 mile radius.

I'm counting on it.
Blackstar HT-5

so basically the head determines the quality of the sound? what happens if i buy a shit head and a nice speaker and vice versa
Nice frickin shizzle sexy amp!

can't wait for you to get your cab and tear it up. Let us know please!

here is a guy who is obviously dedicated to the cause. He wanted this amp so bad he was willing to go into debt to get it and still can't play thru it yet. WOW.
that's impressive

^srq89 - please spend some time reading the stickies and search bar results and let this guy have his NAD thread without jacking on it. Please.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Nice frickin shizzle sexy amp!

can't wait for you to get your cab and tear it up. Let us know please!

here is a guy who is obviously dedicated to the cause. He wanted this amp so bad he was willing to go into debt to get it and still can't play thru it yet. WOW.
that's impressive

^srq89 - please spend some time reading the stickies and search bar results and let this guy have his NAD thread without jacking on it. Please.

Lmao. Sorry to keep replying after every post but I'm insanely anxious and can't really take it out with the AMP.

Yaeh I saw it was a good deal, and I knew I was gonna grab a new amp by the end of the year...so I sangged this. Figured the price was awesome, especially for a 2Channel Triple Recto, one recently retubed.

Thanks for the cheers guys.
Blackstar HT-5

Damn, dude! You even took her clothes off for us!!! If I had a girl that sexy, I just might do that too!

Congrats on the new amp! No cab? Sometimes the aesthetics are enough.....ummmm.....Not!

And....uh....we demand clipz then! But, for now you're off the hook, unless you wanna plug that sucker in at my house heeheehee.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by sabbathu
Damn, dude! You even took her clothes off for us!!! If I had a girl that sexy, I just might do that too!

Congrats on the new amp! No cab? Sometimes the aesthetics are enough.....ummmm.....Not!

And....uh....we demand clipz then! But, for now you're off the hook, unless you wanna plug that sucker in at my house heeheehee.

Working on getting a cab. xD I have no recording gear either, which may make a big stinker... Once I get everything though, you are assured clips will be here.
Blackstar HT-5

congrats man, glad you are diggin it. That is a GREAT sounding head too IMO, one of the best Rectos I've gotten the chance to play. That amp has mojo man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Ya know, I could take that head off your hands for a while... I mean just until you get a cab for it.

^ you mean, 'just to keep it warm and make it feel loved'?

obviously don't turn it on without a cab or dummy load bro i think you know that. Can you take it to a shop or a friends and see what gives?

also, that Crate 2x12 cab is on sale for $119 if she gets real lonely. You could probably sell it later and make a profit toward your next cab
word

Edit: don't know off hand what the impedence situation would be tho
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by srq89
so basically the head determines the quality of the sound? what happens if i buy a shit head and a nice speaker and vice versa

I wouldn't put it like that....

The head has more affect on what your tone sounds like but both are equally important in terms of getting a good quality sound.

A good head is very limited by a bad cabinet, but a good cab will get the most out of a crappy head, although it may still sound bad if the head just sucks.

Rule of thumb, don't cheap out on either.
Dude, take a look at Avatar cabs, they are fairly cheap and well worth the money. I normally don't like Rectos but the Triple sounds pretty powerful cranked, congratulations.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
If I were short on cash (and who isn't right now??)...I'd be looking into building myself a cab

Chris
Congrats! Sorry to hear Big Brown shook her up. VERY good thing you had that hard case. Take it to a store to "test" some cabs and speakers so you know what you want when the time comes? Just so you are prepared.

Edit: I personally would be crawling out of my skin to fire it up with a decent cab. "Honey - let's go to Guitar Center".
"No way - you just bought an amp".
"It's been fun honey - but you can have the house".
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 16, 2008,
I'm actually thinking of taking it to a store.

As for the cab, I'm getting a Vader 212, not the 412. I can't carry a 412 around by myself and as well all know getting it into a car involves calculus.

I was thinking of getting the crate but it can't handle the wattage. The crate amp is pretty low in rating if I remember correctly. Plus I have some stuff up on craigs to sell...hopefully it goes. I'll get like 200 $, getting paid Friday, should have ti soon enough.

Yeah replacing the ubtes is gonna suck asshole haha.

I know not to turn it on without a dummy load or cab though, but thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait to get a cab!
Blackstar HT-5

excellent! erock's a good dude.

those 2 channel rectos are meant to be great, but i haven't been able to try them...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
excellent! erock's a good dude.

those 2 channel rectos are meant to be great, but i haven't been able to try them...

Yeah, Erock's always willing to help anyone. to Erock, & to CrushedCan getting a Triple Rec. CrushedCan-if Erock says that amp has mojo, you seriously scored. It's funny how some amps that are identical makes/models sound superior to others. Always looking for the mojo-blessed amps .
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Hey that's really cool that you got a nice Mesa head, but why would you buy something that you have no use for? You can't use it for awhile if you're 400 dollars in debt and looking to get a 500 dollar cab.

IMO, bad decision.
ive always wanted to play one. good luck
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by Mecler
Hey that's really cool that you got a nice Mesa head, but why would you buy something that you have no use for? You can't use it for awhile if you're 400 dollars in debt and looking to get a 500 dollar cab.

IMO, bad decision.

He may have gotten an unbelievable deal on it. Why pass it up? Esp if Erock is involved, the amp will be quality (read above about mojo). Depending on who he's in debt to (parents?), they may let him get the cab, & pay them later. He could run it through ANY speaker, even sh!t car stereo speakers if he wants to, as long as he matches impedance & keeps the volume knob way down. I wouldn't pass up a great deal like that either!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Cause the price was good, and the opportunity doesn't come up every week. I figure I can wait to get a cab. I'm in no rush, really. Plus, its an investment, I'm not about instant gratification.

Thanks to everyone else though for my NAD .

EDIT: Bro above said it all. Plus, the dude I borrowed money from is really cool and understanding. He's not charign interest or anything. I have a job too, so I can pay him back within the month. Its really not a big deal.

As for this running it through something else...think I can run it through my computer's subwoofer? :P
Blackstar HT-5