Poll: Should old people be allowed to drive?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should old people be allowed to drive?
yes
90 35%
no
122 47%
I don't know
47 18%
Voters: 259.
Page 1 of 3
... Well it was a couple hours ago.. She was on a bike, and she flew quite far. It looked like the driver of the truck was not paying attention or wasn't very aware of what was going on around him.. He looked about 75, which leads me to the question:

Do you think that there should there be an age limit on how old you can legally be allowed to drive? Or am I just being stupid and generalizing?
sup?
The amount of crashes i have had to avoid because some old person isnt paying attention is astounding

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Of course they should. It must be violating some right to say they're not allowed. But here in Australia, they have to take a test once they get past a certain age (I think it's 70) every certain period of time (I think it's about every 3 years).
Quote by fretsonfire74
Of course they should. It must be violating some right to say they're not allowed. But here in Australia, they have to take a test once they get past a certain age (I think it's 70) every certain period of time (I think it's about every 3 years).

But you're not allowed to drive when you're under 14.. or is it 16? If it can significantly endanger other people's lives, then maybe they shouldn't be allowed to?

Quote by Doppelgänger
Wait, so what happened to the person who got hit by the truck?

I'm not sure.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Hell no, I know when I'm old as shit drivings going to be the only thing I can do. Don't you try to take that away from me!

Then you better start saving money for gas!
sup?
Quote by loveless seat
no test and if they are good then they can

Punctuation.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
Punctuation.

dude it was perfectly written as it is, look how simple and right it is about the topic. it's just simplicity you gotta understand
well we just need to make them a special lane for them. o wait we do, its called the right lane, and yet they still drive in the left lane damnit!!!!
Quote by ldl67
Then you better start saving money for gas!

I'll design a car that will run off the blood of the infants I relentlessly mow down.

Its got a Hemi.
you should have yelled to the girl on the bike "FASTER TOM!"
and when the old guy got out you should have been like, "RUSSELL WHAT THE F*CK!?"
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
I voted no because personally I can't stand senior citizen drivers (for some reason I love saying senior citizens instead of "old people"). They always go slow, pull out in front of people, have no idea what is going on, clog up traffic, and cause many near-wrecks with their shitty driving, not to mention a lot of wrecks themselves.

But that may be a little straight-forward, and after having read this thread, I think a re-test at 65 years old would suffice and be fair, and I think the test should be very strict, and tags should be required for drivers over 65 letting everyone know that "this driver" is a senior citizen, so other drivers can be wary around them, and if cops see them going 10 under the speed limit or more, they should be given a ticket.
Quote by gun4hire
you should have yelled to the girl on the bike "FASTER TOM!"
and when the old guy got out you should have been like, "RUSSELL WHAT THE F*CK!?"

faster Tom, runn!

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
We should install heat seaking rocket pods at every intersection, and if someone is going 10 km/h under the speed limit, they are eliminated. I can't stand old drivers :|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My grandmother on my mom's side is over 80 and can drive perfectly well, so I don't think banning people over a certain age is fair. There's nothing wrong with testing people, though
Quote by EnemyWolf
I voted no because personally I can't stand senior citizen drivers (for some reason I love saying senior citizens instead of "old people"). They always go slow, pull out in front of people, have no idea what is going on, clog up traffic, and cause many near-wrecks with their shitty driving, not to mention a lot of wrecks themselves.

But that may be a little straight-forward, and after having read this thread, I think a re-test at 65 years old would suffice and be fair, and I think the test should be very strict, and tags should be required for drivers over 65 letting everyone know that "this driver" is a senior citizen, so other drivers can be wary around them, and if cops see them going 10 under the speed limit or more, they should be given a ticket.

I used "old people," because I didn't necessarily mean anyone over the age of 65.. Maybe 60, 70, 75, etc.
sup?
are you kidding? old people are bitchin' drivers
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by ldl67
I used "old people," because I didn't necessarily mean anyone over the age of 65.. Maybe 60, 70, 75, etc.

Oh yea, I didn't mean to say that the original term was incorrect hehe, I was just saying when I see old people I generally think "senior citizens," instead of "old people." I don't know why. I don't think of black people as "African Americans," I think of them as "black people."
Yes of course they should be able to drive, but within reason- if they are clearly out of it and gone completely forgetful and senile then no they shouldn't be allowed. If they are going blind and deaf they shouldn't be allowed...but if they are still perfectly healthy, living alone and can take care of themselves, then I think it is wrong to deprive someone of their rights.
How many points did he get?

Someone that age, with that much gameplay, must be near a highscore.

Maybe that's why he did it.
Quote by blue_strat
How many points did he get?

Someone that age, with that much gameplay, must be near a highscore.

Maybe that's why he did it.

I read that like 3 times before I realized you weren't talking about points on his license
depends on if they are comprehensive enough to pay attention and whatnot to drive. if not, then no.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by loveless seat
dude it was perfectly written as it is, look how simple and right it is about the topic. it's just simplicity you gotta understand

Are you joking? Let's break down what you wrote:

no test and if they are good then they can

What the hell do you mean by that? Are you saying "no test?" They don't need to be tested? Or are you saying "no, test," because you believe they SHOULD be tested?

And I don't even know that "if they are good then they can" is supposed to mean.

People think the grammar Nazis rip on people just to feel smarter. In actuality, most of the time, nobody can tell what the hell you're saying.
You're*
Now, the REAL question is - was the girl on the bike hot?

Quote by Survivalism
People think the grammar Nazis rip on people just to feel smarter. In actuality, most of the time, nobody can tell what the hell you're saying.

Yeah, I hate when it happens. First, you don't understand what THEY mean, and when you're trying to correct them, they don't understand what YOU mean.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Sep 16, 2008,
Quote by guylee
oh hell yeah.

i think once you reach a certain age, you should have to re-test for your license

i agree. a re-test every year once ur past 70 will do good for everyone.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by imthehitcher
they need to take a test when they reach 70 in my opinion

Indeed seems a very good idea to me.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I say retest.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by Survivalism
Are you joking? Let's break down what you wrote:

What the hell do you mean by that? Are you saying "no test?" They don't need to be tested? Or are you saying "no, test," because you believe they SHOULD be tested?

And I don't even know that "if they are good then they can" is supposed to mean.

+1
I'm pro-enforced euthenasia for everyone over the age of seventy five. So, under my plan.. tests wouldn't really be necessary.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by ACG
We should install heat seaking rocket pods at every intersection, and if someone is going 10 km/h under the speed limit, they are eliminated. I can't stand old drivers :|

what if they stop at the intersection?

and why does nobody seem to care about the chick on the bike? is she ok?
Last edited by ihavenoname93 at Sep 16, 2008,
Cyclists shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

I hate having to swerve around the clowns (cyclists) only to stop at a light, they ride through it and i have to swerve around them again.

Especially when there is an empty sidewalk nearby
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Page 1 of 3