Ive got an ibanez s series i picked up from a pawn shop for cheap, and i need some recommendations on pickups. Im looking for some passive pickups *dont wanna route* that will give me killer lead tones and heavy, chunky yet articulate rhythm, with great cleans too.
id like the leads to sound like dimebag on cemetery gates or floods, death on voices of the soul, or nevermore solo sections.
rhythm id like the distortion to sound like nevermore, and the cleans to sound something like angra on the song heroes of sand.

does anybody have any recommendations? if it helps, the guitar has a pickup config of hsh. and none of the pickups work right now, so any suggestions are great. im looking at the bill lawrence l 500 xl right now
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
the middle pickup is falling out *i have it taped in* and the bridge pickup just has no output whatsoever. I know its not so much of a task to fix, but i really want to get some ripping pickups for this guitar, everything else about it is awesome, it just needs the pups to match.
my amp is a peavy transtube
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi
Quote by bobbynogo
my amp is a peavy transtube

You aren't going to get the full effect of those nice BL pickups if you're running them into an SS amp.
bl pickups?
and im looking to get a better amp *i play through my friends mesa alot*, i just dont have a need for a larger amp at the moment.
and the screws are there, i think its either stripped screws or wood.
and im not expecting to ever be able to sound like dime, but this amp is alot better and more versatile than you would expect, especially from a ss
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi
yeah, i understand, but the amp is still pretty rad, especially for a solid state amp.
and i sort of have a budget of up to 100 per pup, since ive convinced my dad its a father-son project learning how to install pickups =D
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi
THe Bill Lawrence ones will do fine. Do a search in GGA for them, to find out which site is the better one. There's two websites that deal them, but I can't remember which is which.

And I understand you like your amp, we're just saying, it's not really an amp voiced for metal, and new pickups aren't going to make it do wonders.
First of all, you don't have to do routing for active pickups. I really don't know where people seem to get this from, the battery will fit completely fine in your control cavity.

And second of all, I'm not recommending you put active pickups in there anyway

And third, the Bill Lawrence pickups sound like a good idea. I'd also look into DiMarzio as well just because I love their pickups for just about everything.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
there isnt alot of room in the cavity, and im in favor of the bl's right now.
so now that i have the bridge pup decided, whats a solid neck pickup? ill be using the neck for solos, im looking for something that will be nice for sweeping, and get tones like all that remains solos, or nevermore solos.
and any suggestions for a single coil to go in the middle?
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi