Well the band and I were thinkin', and we had an idea to play at the upcoming school talent show. We are a metal/metalcore/deathcore band (think I Killed The Prom Queen and Job For A Cowboy) so we didnt know if we should do it or not, We are in highschool where everybody likes either rap/hip hop or mainstream pop punk shit. I say we do it for the hell of doing a show in general, but the band doesnt think so.
whatdya think?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Your school most likely won't allow it :/
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
u guys r gonna get booed of the stage and the only band that r gonna fail r u guys
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
says the guy with the mg1000dfx AND metalzone.^

but, we could do a cover of a popular-ish metal song.
like Walk form Pantera or somethin
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
says the guy with the mg1000dfx AND metalzone.^

but, we could do a cover of a popular-ish metal song.
like Walk form Pantera or somethin

Do it man. It doesnt matter what they like. Your not doing it for the audience.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

my brother-in-law is in a metalcore band and they do a short cover or Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio, they play it long enough for everyone to recognize the tune so like a verse and the chorus and then they go into one of their own songs, but i mean you could get creative and do something like that, that way you could please the student body and still do your thing.
Ima talk to everybody tomorrow, and i wanna do it.
I like the Mash-up idea fade177, maybe somthing like that.
if all else fails, some poplar but not to cliche metal song
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Play a lighter song then. Just cause your a metal band doesnt mean you cant play Rock. Play an Audioslave/Velvet Revolver/Soundgarden song. That way your not selling out, but people will still recognize the songs. People arent interested in hearing new songs at talent shows. They just want a hit of some kind. Be it Everlong, or Crazy Train.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by fade177
my brother-in-law is in a metalcore band and they do a short cover or Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio, they play it long enough for everyone to recognize the tune so like a verse and the chorus and then they go into one of their own songs, but i mean you could get creative and do something like that, that way you could please the student body and still do your thing.

10 Masked Men?!?!?!
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by shadesofanger
10 Masked Men?!?!?!

I'm sorry, but I don't get the reference. If that's a metal band, I actually don't listen to much metal. I'm more of a hard rock kind of person. Anyways, elaborate if you could, pls...
Quote by fade177
I'm sorry, but I don't get the reference. If that's a metal band, I actually don't listen to much metal. I'm more of a hard rock kind of person. Anyways, elaborate if you could, pls...

Yes they're a metal band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwuLlIUnamI
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by doctorcheeze200
Well the band and I were thinkin', and we had an idea to play at the upcoming school talent show. We are a metal/metalcore/deathcore band (think I Killed The Prom Queen and Job For A Cowboy) so we didnt know if we should do it or not, We are in highschool where everybody likes either rap/hip hop or mainstream pop punk shit. I say we do it for the hell of doing a show in general, but the band doesnt think so.
whatdya think?

I think you should do it. To be honest i don't see why what you do can't be seen as talent,unless it is the audeicne that decides the winner, in which case you should do it anyway with a view to playing as well as possible but not really caring if you win or not
Quote by ZeBubba!
Play a lighter song then. Just cause your a metal band doesnt mean you cant play Rock. Play an Audioslave/Velvet Revolver/Soundgarden song. That way your not selling out, but people will still recognize the songs. People arent interested in hearing new songs at talent shows. They just want a hit of some kind. Be it Everlong, or Crazy Train.

i'd do this.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115