if i plan to buy a guitar from the factory, do i get half off?
during christmas

it should be located somewhere around CA.

can anyone confirm or debunk this?
Last edited by josephcoolness at Sep 16, 2008,
I dont believe you get the guitar for half off from buying it straight from the factory but what i do know is that the factory is in San Diego (El Cajon)
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
Quote by pain-killer
I dont believe you get the guitar for half off from buying it straight from the factory but what i do know is that the factory is in San Diego (El Cajon)

than how much discount is it?
I don't think you get a discount, I don't even know if you can buy it from the factory, usually, that is a privelege reserved for dealers only
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
idk im not sure cuz i havnt been there yet been tryin to get a tour there but i havnt had time.
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
well no ones 100% sure

so untill somone thats visited the place can confirm, i will rest in peace.
On the Taylor website, it talks about the tours, but says nothing about buying guitars straight from them, although you can buy replacement parts.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
The factory does NOT sell their guitars. Ever.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Wow. Sorry, please stop.

taylor guitar won't sell their guitars out of factory for cheaper than what you find in the store. in fact they'd sell it for MSRP since they are the manufacturer. you'd end up spending more if you do buy from a small local store (sometimes when you ask taylor guitar to make a custom made guitar they will).

it's not something that you can cheat out of paying the price for. if you want a taylor guitar, buy a taylor guitar from the cheapest retailer. factory/taylor guitars don't sell it on sale during a certain time of the year because it would easily cause them to lose business the other 11 months of the year.

i'm 100% sure you will not get any sort of special treatment from buying directly from taylor guitar unless you're buying a custom made/design/whatever. you may now rest on that
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
You should take the Taylor factory tour because it's amazing. Don't go expecting to get a discounted guitar though. I took a day off from work just to do the tour, and even though it was a pain to do that, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

If you're looking to purchase a Taylor, try Buffalo Brothers in Carlsbad. It's about 45 minutes north of the factory, but they are the largest independent Taylor dealer in the nation and they have a fantastic selection. The employees do not work on commission, so there won't be pressure towards any particular model. They also sell Martin, Larrivee, R. Taylor, Santa Cruz, Froggy Bottom, Collings, Goodall and others I'm not remembering.

www.buffalobrosguitars.com

-J
Quite simply, if a factory sells to you they are competing with their main customers, the retailers [the shops] and that's a no-no, because nobody would buy from the retailers if they could buy directly from the factory [the wholesaler] for a much cheaper price. You can only buy direct from factory if you are a licensed music store retailer, otherwise they would quickly go out of business!

Pretty much for almost anything, the public buys from the retailer, not from the wholesaler. You can't be a wholesaler AND a retailer.
Last edited by Akabilk at Sep 17, 2008,