My friend just had her computer wiped clean at the store. Shes gets home and she cant connect to the internet. Internet explorer says page cannot be displayed whenever she opens it. It says its connected to local only.

Anyone know how I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Last edited by Ktool The Girth at Sep 16, 2008,
powercycle the modem. if there is a router, turn the power off on both. plug modem in, wait, then plug router in.
I am the Stig.
Explaining to her how to do it may be complicated, but she most likely needs to reinstall her broadband/network (LAN/WLAN/depends on the computer) drivers.

Now, you can't really do this without getting on the website of your computer manufacturer (HP, Dell, etc.), so you'll either need to use another computer via a CD or flash drive to transfer the file over and it should work just fine.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
Well, she's clearly in distress, so....take advantage of that.

First, you have to tell us what OS/internet connection type she has.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by RU Experienced?
I recommend you plug your ethernet cord into her router. Make sure you use a firewall, you don't want to catch a virus.

/innuendo

Stupid, but funny.
-I don't believe this, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

-In a row?
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, she's clearly in distress, so....take advantage of that.

First, you have to tell us what OS/internet connection type she has.

windows xp/comcast cable
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
well theres thing called a modem...
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by mullens99
check her IP address go to run>cmd>ipconfig/all

then what?
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by RU Experienced?
I recommend you plug your ethernet cord into her router. Make sure you use a firewall, you don't want to catch a virus.

/innuendo

In YOUR endo.
You're*