http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-ToneCore-Uber-Metal-Distortion-Pedal-102932712-i1124294.gc

Anyone that has experience with this pedal? I went to GuitarCenter yesterday to try out guitars with my friend "our first time there " the ladies there were very helpful and set us down with the guitars we wanted to try and infront of all kinds of pedals too, i found this one while my friend was trying the phasers and wah wah pedals. I find that this pedal adds ASS KICKING distortion on the pulverize mode thru the amp (which was a vox 15 some solid state i believe) and it sounds like it can go good through my 15 watt fender amp until i upgrade. Me and my friend seemed to like it even coming from different styles of music him being hard rock and I'm being metal and southern rock, and i see this pedal can be used for a wide range of music to punk, metal, rock, all kinds of stuff.

What do you guys think?

Edited: GuitarCenter is like heaven, so many guitars on the wall, ladies that play guitar. acoustic humidified room, drums, keyboard. Even pro's to set up the guitar (some luthiers i saw) really nice place to hang out.
Last edited by Mix Master at Sep 16, 2008,
I was thinking about telling you how that pedal isn't well liked around here - and that you might search to see the sort of opinions I'm talking about; But then I saw your edit...at which point I was certain you are a troll.
Quote by guitar/bass76
I was thinking about telling you how that pedal isn't well liked around here - and that you might search to see the sort of opinions I'm talking about; But then I saw your edit...at which point I was certain you are a troll.
I was mostly asking about views and experience on the pedal as in the first post and my first experience at Guitar-Center. I notice around here people don't like line 6 items that much but i find the pedal pretty cool and wanted to see what others that have tried it think, not really on the majority that haven't or just glanced at it. That is all.

Edited: If you think i was a troll i would've posted this in The Pit if i wasn't serious about feedback or even posting a link at all (just the vibe I'm getting from your post)
if you're serious, then my basic rule is to find a sound that you're happy with and don't worry too much about what others say. If you like the Tonecore, then go for it as long as you feel comfortable that it's solid (most Line6s in my experience are) and don't let the bandwagoners who think anything with a Line6 badge is a turd (most of whom have only heard a SS Spider) put you off.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Alright, fine - I don't care for the pedal myself but it can do certain things well. To say that the pulverize setting is 'Pantera in a box' is accurate in my opinion. You mention getting a better amp and in the mean time supplementing your tone with the Uber metal - if you like the tone then by all means go ahead, I've never had any trouble with the line 6 pedals - some of which I happen to like. If at all possible you might look used (maybe the gear ads here on UG) for the pedal because $80 is too much in my opinion. There's also the chance that if you buy used and maintain it well you can recoup your money if you ever decide to sell it.