i have a tube amp that the impedance switch broke off and now its stuck at 8oms. i know someone who has the exact same amp and i was wondering this:

could i take the impedance switch out of his amp and use it to switch mine back to 4oms take it out and put it back in his and everything will be peachy?
My Rig:
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
I would think you could take it to an amp tech and they can switch it back for you without taking your friend's out of his and then back in (extra labor basically). Or, have them order a new switch or make one. I am assuming the actual switch internally is fine, just the external part broke off?

Is this for your B52?