Hey guys, i have some questions about getting a dirty fingers humbucker.
I am looking at getting it, and putting it in my hollow body es-335 epiphone dot. I've heard that it is a really great pickup, and I just want to know if thats true.
Also, im new to the pickup changing things and I just want to know if a pickup would be able to go in any guitar, not just one of its brand or something.
I play music like blink and sum 41, and also any rock really, as well as some metal.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers
That's an odd choice for the ES-335. The DF is a very high output pickup, best suited for hard rock and metal. It's a great pickup, but it may just be to harsh for what you want to play. I would seriously give the Duncan JB a closer look if I were you.
I once played through one and it is kinda .. strong

What's your amp ?
The dirty fingers is the only pickup gibson makes now days that I like. It can handle many styles of music and I would think it would be good for you as long as you don't ever want really clean tone. Like any high output pickup, it is much better when used on a good tube amp, but this is one of the few high output pickups that is good on solid state amps too. I like it with a solid state because when the amp is clean you can still get some grit and texture in your tone.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Sep 16, 2008,
thanks for all your help. i was kinda thinking of it for my es-335 because tom from blink uses it, and his guitar is pretty much the same but like way better because its a gibson. im probably going to get it though, and ill always have the neck pick up if i want to play with less grunt and stuff.
oh, i forgot to mention, i have a piece of shit practice amp (vox pathfinder 10 watt). i really want to get a tube one soon, a bit bigger cos me and friends are starting a band as well. problem is money, i really should get a job.
Don't waste your money then if it's in short supply...a pickup isn't going to make much difference to your sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by sum_41_1942
oh, i forgot to mention, i have a piece of shit practice amp (vox pathfinder 10 watt). i really want to get a tube one soon, a bit bigger cos me and friends are starting a band as well. problem is money, i really should get a job.

Don't waste your money on the pickup then. The best idea would to be get a new, higher gain valve/tube amp, and you'll have a nice tone for the genre you want. Then, if you want it to sound better, get the pickup. That's the best idea.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yeah replace the shit amp and if you still want that "DeLonge" sound get the bucker

thanks guys. im looking at some valve amps now. should be good once i get a bit of moolah. if anyone still looks at this forum then can you tell me if the Peavey Classic 30 is any good for the sound i want (DeLonge)?