View poll results: Which amplifier?
Vox AD30VT
28 54%
Roland Cube 30
17 33%
MG15 :p
7 13%
Voters: 52.
price isn't really the main point here..

i want the best amp for cleans to hard rock..slight metal stuff? Good effects and stuff...ah well, just tell me your opinions...

thanks guys!
I have tried the Roland Cube 30 and I would say it's an excellent choice. The clean channel sounds great and the distortion models allow you to play a wide range of styles from shred to classic rock. Even the effects are great, but the acoustic simulator doesn't really provide that full-bodied acoustic sound but it's not bad actually. The phaser is great, I was able to get David Gilmour's tone in Breathe with it. I guarantee you will like this amp.
Quote by Amer91
I have tried the Roland Cube 30 and I would say it's an excellent choice. The clean channel sounds great and the distortion models allow you to play a wide range of styles from shred to classic rock. Even the effects are great, but the acoustic simulator doesn't really provide that full-bodied acoustic sound but it's not bad actually. The phaser is great, I was able to get David Gilmour's tone in Breathe with it. I guarantee you will like this amp.

I tried it too now i m gonna change amp too,but i dont have so much money,so i can t decide between cube 20x and microcube....does the 20(never tried )have a good price for its quality and effects? o.ò? or the micro is better?
Go with the AD30VT. The clean and slight dirty tones sound spectacular and the reverb is awesome. You can also save 2 channel presets and have more intuitive effects controls compared to the Cube. IF you want ultra-brutal distortion, it can only pull it off okay, but if you add an overdrive pedal in front of the amp, you can really make the amp scream.

IMO the Cube does better as a metal amp and the Vox is better with the cleans/bluesy/classic rock sound.
the AD30VT really has a tube in it? What if i upgrade tha tube?

i play anything from clean to hard rock..very rarely do i play beyong that
ive played them side by side, vox is better for everything except metal
For the styles you play, gotta be the Vox.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The Cube is better at metal.
I prefer the Vox's British amp models, though.

I would also bump up to the bigger version of each. It makes the investment more worthwhile, as you'll be able to play in a band.

BTW, for someone who claims to not be a n00b, you should know better than to post this in EG.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Sep 16, 2008,
i don't know if i'd bump up to the larger versions tho.

i'm torn on that one, because as he starts to move over to band setting then he's probably going to start to outgrow solid state.

of the two i like the quality of the cube over the vox.

vox cleans are nicer, but overall i'd choose the cube.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Mm, I hear ya. However, it's kind of a pain to try and join a band, and find that your amp isn't loud enough. The extra wattage is nice, in that respect.
Plus, it's not much more than the 30 watters. It just seems so silly to me. If you're buying solely a practice amp, but the lower wattage versions (Microcube, AD15VT). The 30 watters aren't really good for anything, they're bigger than you need for practice, but not loud enough for band.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Mm, I hear ya. However, it's kind of a pain to try and join a band, and find that your amp isn't loud enough. The extra wattage is nice, in that respect.
Plus, it's not much more than the 30 watters. It just seems so silly to me. If you're buying solely a practice amp, but the lower wattage versions (Microcube, AD15VT). The 30 watters aren't really good for anything, they're bigger than you need for practice, but not loud enough for band.

doesn't it have the master voulume around?
noobzone he made that part small. just to give you a rules heads up. dont make it into a big deal, just follow forum rules ok?

and i dont know, i mean yeah the cube30 and vox30 are solid state with volume control, and headphone outs work well for all sorts of low to Loud practice with you or a mate.

with a full band, no, neither will make sense. i just had the feeling that you'll be in this phase long enough that a $200 amp is a really good first step.

the bigger ones are fine too, and only maybe $100-150 more. not a huge jump in price by any means. and again both will work in small and large applictaions. i was just trying to start you off a little smaller, thinking you might move over to a classic 30 tube, or vk amp by the time bands get formed.

but u'd know your speed better than anyone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Does anybody know how these two compare to the new Peavey Vypyr's?
Quote by jj1565
noobzone he made that part small. just to give you a rules heads up. dont make it into a big deal, just follow forum rules ok?

and i dont know, i mean yeah the cube30 and vox30 are solid state with volume control, and headphone outs work well for all sorts of low to Loud practice with you or a mate.

with a full band, no, neither will make sense. i just had the feeling that you'll be in this phase long enough that a $200 amp is a really good first step.

the bigger ones are fine too, and only maybe $100-150 more. not a huge jump in price by any means. and again both will work in small and large applictaions. i was just trying to start you off a little smaller, thinking you might move over to a classic 30 tube, or vk amp by the time bands get formed.

but u'd know your speed better than anyone.

yeah well,the whole reason why i'm looking at this amp is because of the fact that i wouldn't need to worry about buying effect pedals for quite sometime...so i won't get distracted...

so you are saying i should go lower for the AD15? by ''bigger ones'' you mean the AD50 and above,right?
I voted for MG15, just screwing around :P
On the serious note, you have to try out yourself which one you feel the best. Each of them has their strong and weak points and it's only up to your personal liking to choose out the better one.

If you can't try them out yourself at least try to listen to other people playing, like youtube or whatever. And remember to keep an open mind on both of them.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by NoobOnZone
yeah well,the whole reason why i'm looking at this amp is because of the fact that i wouldn't need to worry about buying effect pedals for quite sometime...so i won't get distracted...

so you are saying i should go lower for the AD15? by ''bigger ones'' you mean the AD50 and above,right?

no i was saying cube 30 or if you like the vox, then the vox 30, would be fine for practice with you and a mate on guitar or some light drumming.

and the cube 60 or if you like the vox, the xov AD50, would be fine for practice or a full band.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Ghold125
wait, for the new Vox VT to come out...

What? There's a new VOX VT amp on the way?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i dont think that its coming out for a while, like towards the end of the year
So they just capped off the AD head, place the VT tail in front and make it into a new series in the Valveltronix line? Ain't that just genius... *sigh...*

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by ZaÐ
I tried it too now i m gonna change amp too,but i dont have so much money,so i can t decide between cube 20x and microcube....does the 20(never tried )have a good price for its quality and effects? o.ò? or the micro is better?

Well if you have enough money for the 20X get that one because it has more distortion models than the microcube, but if you play in a band then you would need a bigger amp, like the Roland Cube 60 in order to keep up with the drummer.
While I havent tried one yet, I reccomend you try a Peavey Vypyr. I hear very good things, it has a ton of awesome features, and I hear that the amps, effects, and stomboxes are all very versatile. Its about the same price as the Vox too, and it can get a footswitch which is pretty cool.

Again though, I've never tried it, but I hear good things. Just posting suggestions so you don't limit yourself.

As for the Cube, I dno't really like these. THey're decent, but something about themf eels...off to me. I'm not quite sure what. I've played the Microcube, 30X, and 60, and none of them really "wowed" me. I did on the other hand really enjoy the Vox AD50VT. It has very nice amp models and decent effects. Not to mention its well priced. Don't be fooled by the "hybrid" thing, it barely makes a difference.

Again though, do you plan on Band playing? If yes, get one of the amps with larger power. If price isn't an issue and you don't l[pan on playing with a band for a while, consider checking out a GT-10 and a small tube amp, ie: The Blackheart Kilelr Ant or Little Giant or an Epi Valve Junior.

In any case, best of luck to you, hope you get something you enjoy.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware