I was wondering if anyone knew if the Epiphone G-310 [SG] and the Behringer V-Tone GMX210 is a good combo for a guitar and amp.

I like to play punk, punk rock, alternative rock, rock and a little bit of metal.

Also, just a quick question, do guitar leads play any kind of factor in the sound?

Thanks,
Newtoguitar :: G-TAR noobie
Guitars:
-Marquez MD-200 Cutaway Steel String Acoustic
-Some cheap electric guitar
NOOOOOO IT'S A TRAP!

Budget?
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
I'd go for the G-400 it shouldn't cost too much more, and it's a great guitar in its own right.

As for the behringer I'm not so sure, they make decent pedals and rack systems for budget players, I've never tried their amps before though.

[edit] Also! your question about guitar leads factoring into the tone, buy good quality leads if you can afford them! they'll give a little extra clarity when you're playing, but they'll only sound as good as the rest of your gear is

ie. Playing a battered squire through a marshall microstack with the worlds most expensive lead is still going to sound sh*t, if you get what i mean
Last edited by EatShreddies at Sep 16, 2008,
Hmm... why's it a trap? I can spend like 600 bucks MAX on a guitar AND amp.

EatShreddies: Cheers mate.
Guitars:
Well I say go for the G-400.Alot better and not alot more.
I'm not exactly sure what amp you are talking about but assuming it's the one you get in the behringer V-tone pack then it's a good beginners amp.
A couple of my mates own beginners packs and the behringer beats the drive hands down for the price.Can get over drums just.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
The G-400 looks good, but I doubt I'll be able to afford it.

So, your sure it will sound bad?
Guitars:
Is the G400 is only £50 more where i live, if you shop around you should get a good deal. About the amp too, try it out first and if you like it then get it!
Yeah I was gonna go try the SG-310 with the Line 6 Spider 3 in Billy Hyde, then just try various amps and stuff. Thanks alot for your help!

PS I don't really know the prices TOO well at the moment, I've just looked on the website at the G-310 and GMX20 so far.
Guitars:
i found a good lead doesnt sound noticable better than a bad one in terms of sheer sound quality, but one thing for sure, you get way more interference with bad leads. Especially noticable if you are playing clean. ALso cheap ones tend to break all the time.
RG's & Mesa's
Try a G-400 and valve junior, that will hit about 716 in Australia, so if you want to go for that.
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
If you buy them together, you can usually haggle the sales people down by 50 bucks at least.
Quote by gilbs73
NOOOOOO IT'S A TRAP!

Budget?

+999999
dude i was gonna say the EXACT SAME THING
Quote by geeve420
only one solution..........rape, but not from you cause that's just wrong. Go into town and hire someone.
The G-400 is like $400 USD.

Behringer stuff tends to die on you frequently so it may sound okay, but it probably wont last.

Get the G-400 and this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909

Should be a good combo and its exactly $600
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
epiphone g-400 and a crate v5

edit: well it also depends on your style..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Yeah i didn't recommend a tube because he plays mainly genres will a good chunk of distortion and he's on a tight budget so there wasnt a lot of room for a good disto/OD pedal and a decent amp/guitar. The G-400 is supposed to be good, it sounds good but i thought it felt funny, try it out though
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Areound here the G-400 Vintage is only $299, which is $50 more than the G-310. It felt like a much better guitar to me when I played them both. If you are looking for an inexpensive amp with lots of options that doesn't sound bad, try out a one of the Peavey Vypyrs. I have the 15w version and it sunds pretty good for a $99 amp.