Yeah i know what you guys are all thinking, but i want a serious discussion. don't just say "tube combo" or "valveking" or whatever.

Okay. So. My band's split up for unis and stuff. Next year i'm probs gonna move to be with some of the band members so we can start a fresh new band. But right now, I'm bandless and just want a practise amp. so yes, a tube combo is fine.

I like to play mainly rock and metal (not too heavy.. i'm talking Funeral For A Friend kind of stuff) but i also play stuff like Say Anything, and i do alot of clean stuff too.
So yeah i'm looking for an amp that can pull off some nice cleans, and can do rock/metal but not tooooo heavy.

I only really plan on keeping this amp for a year if my plan to move goes ahead, so i'd like the amp to keep a high value so i could sell it off again and not loose a huge amount of money.

I guess my maximum price range is like about £900 or whatever that is in dollars $1800 ish? but i'd rather not go that high if i don't have to.

The amp i have at the moment is an AVT100. I dont realllllly like the tone and i think i might be interested in an orange, but i'm open to all suggestions.

If you guys could help that would be awesome.

ciao
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
An Orange could be a good choice, or a Vox A30. You could also probably find a used Marshall JCM 800 for around 1000. Hope this helps!
JCM800's don't do cleans, they're single channel... If you had a bit of a bigger budget I'd say a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, they seem pretty dynamic and awesome.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I played a tiny terror a few weeks back, it sounded really really nice but I'd really like to try a few others out, especially the rocker 30.
Yeah i'd like at least 2 channels, so the jcm800 is a bit of a no go.
Still havent had the chance to test out a mesa dual rec in person, but i've heard that at bedroom levels it really isnt very good, and since i'm bandless i'm only really looking for a bedroom amp. I guess i could use a powerbrake? but then again, thats more money i'd rather not spend. I'm also a bit worried that the mesa will only do cleans and extremely high distortion well. I'd like an amp that can cover the middle ground well too.
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
i'm looking mainly for just a bedroom amp, but one that could if needed be used at band practises if i decide to jam with other people while i'm still over here
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Quote by Jesstaa
JCM800's don't do cleans, they're single channel... If you had a bit of a bigger budget I'd say a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, they seem pretty dynamic and awesome.

Ohhh right, my bad. Anyways, an Orange would be a nice choice, but I still go with the AC30.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
i'm looking mainly for just a bedroom amp, but one that could if needed be used at band practises if i decide to jam with other people while i'm still over here

Oh ok, then I would go with the Tiny Terror and a 1x12 cab.
spider vauls are nice bu t withtat mony just get a nise stack and ceep the volume down its what i do my stack isnt great and it not a tube (crys) im saveing for a mesa triple thatsll straiten your ball hair
Quote by i_suck
spider vauls are nice bu t withtat mony just get a nise stack and ceep the volume down its what i do my stack isnt great and it not a tube (crys) im saveing for a mesa triple thatsll straiten your ball hair

Spider Valves are OK. They have a bit of a squishy solid state compression which basically defeats the whole purpose of going tube though. if you can try one out I'd look into it though.

I'm really looking into the Peavey VyPYRs, they seem bitchin, haven't found one locally yet though. REALLY wanna try it though! I'd look into those.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by i_suck

FAIL
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo