i know Squires (i have one ) are renowned for being pretty bad, but i tried a Behringer the other day that was just awful. It felt like cheap plastic, possibly made in China, land of pollution..

thoughts? i know there are other lemons of guitars out there....
Cheap First Acts.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
crescent those guitars do come from china and they suck. i tried to put on some hybrid slinky strings and with in a week the high e was ****ed up
those Chinese copies of Jem's and so on
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by shadow__666
Cheap First Acts.

+1, i never would have thought of this name myself.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Compared to a PRS, everyone! Muhahahaha
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by ClementWave
No one does, its all opinion, get over it.

if you're not gonna contribute, gtfo...

sorry...

kindly keep your opinion to yourself
Squiers aren't actually that bad, for the money. I believe that Max Cavalera uses a Squier strat in Soulfly? Sorry if I'm wrong.
Squiers are playable though - for $200 (Australia), they're good value...
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
This company called "encore", and old Staggs are inferior bullshit as well.
Quote by zigzag_wanderer

sorry...

What the shit are you talking about? You asked a question and the only answers you are going to get are opinions fool.

You said Squier, I have a very old squier telecaster made in Japan late 80's early 90's that beats the shit out of a Mexican Fender... It's all opinion and feel, just like every answer you are getting.

Learn to have sense and understand the question you are asking before you ask it, this kind of question has no one answer.

So you can kindly GTFO please.

EDIT: Reported for spam.
peeps, have you ever tried indian guitars??
TRONAD, GIVSON( its a v, not a s)
they suck
Whoah. I sense a flamewar. Simmer down, people?
BTW: Clementwave is, for the record, correct - I don't like Les Pauls, for example. There's no way I'm going to deny that they're insanely good guitars...I just don't like the feel.
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Quote by ClementWave
What the shit are you talking about? You asked a question and the only answers you are going to get are opinions fool.

You said Squier, I have a very old squier telecaster made in Japan late 80's early 90's that beats the shit out of a Mexican Fender... It's all opinion and feel, just like every answer you are getting.

Learn to have sense and understand the question you are asking before you ask it, this kind of question has no one answer.

So you can kindly GTFO please.

EDIT: Reported for spam.

reported for a bad report...

it wasn't opinions i had a problem against, it was the fact that YOUR opinion was snotty and unhelpful...therefore theres nothing you can report me for :P

gtfo my thread
Quote by zigzag_wanderer
reported for a bad report...

it wasn't opinions i had a problem against, it was the fact that YOUR opinion was snotty and unhelpful...therefore theres nothing you can report me for :P

gtfo my thread

Spam thread.
The reason it is spam is because there is no right or wrong answer - therefore making it a pointless thread and again therefore making it spam.
well now its a flame thread
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
I wish.

No not every poll is spam, but one like this, is spam because there is no right or wrong answer, if it was on another topic, we could answer, but at the end of the day it's such a broad thing to ask it will go on forever with everyone giving a different answer and no one gaining anything from it.

EDIT: grammar
it's not pointless...i'm interested in people's opinions....

get a mod in to tell me this is spam or stfu and gtfo

edit: again you are wrong, as everything is subjective, hell MUSIC is subjective, and you really have no business in being so anal at 10:17 at night...unlike your mother.....
Last edited by zigzag_wanderer at Sep 16, 2008,
grow up children.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by zigzag_wanderer

sorry...

One you did make this an opinion question. So little confusion on your own part.

Two Clement calm down he's probably a 12 year old or something he does just want opinions. Old Squiers are a lot better than new but how would he know that? The o nly reason I know is because my friends dad had one. But hey you may just be a little kid too you're sure acting like one.

Three on topic I say BC rich besides the like cheap rip offs/starter guitars. I say this because I got a BC Rich NJ Series bass and so much went wrong with that thing I can't stand them, but they have some really nice guitars also.
Quote by Myung'sMusicman
One you did make this an opinion question. So little confusion on your own part.

Two Clement calm down he's probably a 12 year old or something he does just want opinions. Old Squiers are a lot better than new but how would he know that? The o nly reason I know is because my friends dad had one. But hey you may just be a little kid too you're sure acting like one.

Three on topic I say BC rich besides the like cheap rip offs/starter guitars. I say this because I got a BC Rich NJ Series bass and so much went wrong with that thing I can't stand them, but they have some really nice guitars also.

i don't really care what you say off-topic but hey whatever.

way to answer my q's without flaming, clementgay clearly couldn't.

im 86, not 12
Squier =/= crap guitar. Albeit the electronics and pups are crap, but the basic building blocks are there, alder body etc. If you know how to set up a simple bridge and intonate it correctly - they are just fine. Surely not as nice as an American Standard, but at 1/10th the price? C'mon what do you expect...

Most manufacturers have some lemons, even at the higher end. If it plays nice and sounds good to you - it's not a bad ax in my book.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
while this topic may not be "spam" per-se, it is stupid and in the wrong forum. there is no good answer for this and people are just going to start insulting each other (see above posts). so yeah, im closing this.