Allrighty all. I bought a Bellcat chorus pedal about 6 months ago, and I am generally happy with the results.

My distortion pedals at the moment are a Boss DS-1 and a Danelectro Fab Distortion. Whilst the FAB sounds a lot better than the DS-1, it is falling apart due to heavy use, so I am looking to buy another cheap distortion pedal.

Belcat pedals are built solidly, and remind me a lot of DIY kit pedals, I presume the circuitry has been taken from those open-source pedal building websites. The cases are clearly blanks which Belcat machine accordingly, and all the components look pretty standard if they happen to break.

However, is the Belcat Distortion pedal any good? I am sort of stuck up a junction with an unmodded DS-1, so I would not mind another tone source at my feet.
...and a tube amp whilst I am at it? *yawn*

I am a bit stuck for money, I've got rent, electricity and food to pay for, and I don't as yet know exactly how my weekly financing will be, so I am just making a cheap splashout here... besides as I have said, the chorus is a robust unit, so I don't really want to hear about the build quality, just the sound.
I don't know about the sound, but maybe I will! The chorus pedal I have of theirs is very idiosynchratic, and not like my other chorus pedals.
i don't think i said anything about a amp.................look on craigslist, go to pawn shops, most music stores have a selection of used pedals. save a little money buy a quality pedal.
Last edited by mmjohn at Sep 16, 2008,
^^Quility? Really?

I have a Belcat distortion pedal, which I bought just to practice circuit bending on. The out-of-the-box sound was, I felt, pretty abysmal, but I don't care, 'coz now it sounds like a synth melting.

Conclusion: Test it out, do what you like, but my experience suggests you ought to run away, screaming.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^^I got it for £15. I figured that was a bargain, even if I ended up just using it for scrap components
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.