Hi im a noob too :/

i tell you its not easy to teach youself
via ultimate-guitar.com

so if there is someone that would like to help meh...
it would be greatly apriciated.

i basicly just want to know were i should begin.

i got basic chords and sum scales aswell as some tabs ...
but its all starting to confuse me now !!!

Arrrrg!!
help please....
give up guitar, fastidiously work on becoming a mod on this website...

you'll be a pimply lonely nerd like the other mods, but all the e-cred will be worth it...
You gotta sort it out yourself,
Get a teacher,
or give up and try to become a mod on this site pit monkey.
Quote by zigzag_wanderer
give up guitar, fastidiously work on becoming a mod on this website...

you'll be a pimply lonely nerd like the other mods, but all the e-cred will be worth it...

two reasons why that
is not
possible for me...

1~ work keeps me preoccupied most of the time

2~ intternet here is vere expensive
and im not talking per month instalment but per minute
Once you know your chords move on to theory, reading music, learn a few classical pieces, then onto song writing, playing what you want to play.

If yuo're teaching yourself, it's up to you. I teach students and all the ones who come to me after teaching themselves have bad posture and technique. So make sure you work on that.

Let me know if you want to know anything else, or hit me up on MSN
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by daniel_s
what style do you want to play then?

I would like to aim in the direction
of Blues ~ Metal...

maybe if i become good enough. . . .
find a way to combine the two
my best advice is just to make sure you have a structured practice for around an hour everyday where you sit down and practice something new or something your not that good at yet.
Quote by Lord akdoV
I would like to aim in the direction
of Blues ~ Metal...

maybe if i become good enough. . . .
find a way to combine the two

just play Load and Reload backwards, but make sure can sing while playing, don't have an emo bitch of a drummer, and have a bass player who doesn't wet the bed.

that is all
just practice what you're learning. if you're learning scales, practice them over and over and over again on different areas of the neck. get a print out of a fretboard and look at it while you do scales in different keys so you start to become familiar with the fretboard and the notes you are using for specific scales in specific keys.. start to understand some theory, at the very least intervalic structure of the major scale and how everything derives from that. start to count intervals as you practice your scales. gain speed and knowledge using your scales. This should be enough to keep you busy for your first couple of months. in between all this, learn some songs or solos in tab to keep your spirits up. look up some easy licks and do them over and over and over. start slow then build up speed doing the same scales and licks over and over and over...repetition is key. work out those fingers. look up Steve Vai's 10 hour workout tab. these are good drills for speed and fret recognition. good luck.
Thank you all for you usless and helpful coments

my server chrashed sorry for taking so long to reply.

you all have been very helpful.

i have almost 100pg.s that ive gotten from UG so far...

and i've made to posters for my wall

one with 108 basic chords on it
and one with A-G bluse scales on it :/
even though i havnt gotten as far as pentatonic minor scales just yet.

but i guess you could say that im coullecting bits of everything...

something i might not even need. but i guess i'll have to see
when i get there hey?

i don't know what your oppinion would be;

but i do believe that teaching myself how to play, may be difficult but then again
the style that will end up popping out will be a verry unique one
lets just hope that its a good one aswell.......
Quote by zigzag_wanderer
just play Load and Reload backwards, but make sure can sing while playing, don't have an emo bitch of a drummer, and have a bass player who doesn't wet the bed.

that is all

My friend the Bitch player aghem ..... i mean bass plaer is a f*cking bitch.

i would never start a band with him.
but on the other side his older brother is a superb drumer....
realy n totaly kick arse guy. he helps me here n there were he can with the guitaring
because he can also play quite well for a drummer i must say
Quote by Lord akdoV
i don't know what your oppinion would be;

but i do believe that teaching myself how to play, may be difficult but then again
the style that will end up popping out will be a verry unique one
lets just hope that its a good one aswell.......

Just because it's Unique doesn't mean it's good. There are teachers on this planet for a reason.

No, i'm not just talking myself up, I truthfully believe that teachers have a purpose, if you get a good one you will learn much quicker than learning on your own.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by boricua-blues
just practice what you're learning. if you're learning scales, practice them over and over and over again on different areas of the neck. get a print out of a fretboard and look at it while you do scales in different keys so you start to become familiar with the fretboard and the notes you are using for specific scales in specific keys.. start to understand some theory, at the very least intervalic structure of the major scale and how everything derives from that. start to count intervals as you practice your scales. gain speed and knowledge using your scales. This should be enough to keep you busy for your first couple of months. in between all this, learn some songs or solos in tab to keep your spirits up. look up some easy licks and do them over and over and over. start slow then build up speed doing the same scales and licks over and over and over...repetition is key. work out those fingers. look up Steve Vai's 10 hour workout tab. these are good drills for speed and fret recognition. good luck.

as i said in my previous post....

T H A N K Y O U !!

I will take it all into mind. . .