Has anyone had any experience with the Schecter Custom Shop?

I know they have a custom shop of which I've seen examples, but I've never seen a quote or a spec sheet for piecing together a custom.

Just curious about pricing really. They already produce a model I want, I just don't want a lot of what comes with it.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I do have experience with them, i got a custom put together in january. They're great guys, easy to work with and the finished product is amazing.

Pricing is very much based on the extent of the special stuff you do or don't want.

So what were you looking at specs/bodyshape/electronics wise?
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Nothing special really.

Basically just a Hellraiser C-7 with an Ebony board, 22 frets, no inlays, natural finish, and push/pull master volume and master tone.

In theory, its less materials and therefore less work, but at the end of the day its custom.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Well then, that's quite similar to mine, but mine's a 6. Which ran me about AU$2,700

anyhoo, with it being a 7 string, and depending on body woods etc you'll be looking at a little more than that.

As far as organizing an official quote, use the technical support in their custom section on their website and send them the basics specs. This will only be an estimate, the only way to get an exact ricing is via your local Schecter dealer, fill out the spec sheet and they'll send you the price and the estimated time of completion.

But, i broke all the rules and called them to order which worked out a little bit faster and easier to organize.

If you've got any other questions just let me know.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Thats about $2200 US. None to shabby IMHO.

Just curious, where are their custom shop guitars made? Regardless thats a WHOLE lot cheaper than ESP's custom shop.

Any pics of your custom?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
They're completely handmade in Burbank California,

No pics at the mo, my camera is screwed. But the general idea is a C-1 hellraiser string-thru shape with a slightly darker s/thru cherry finish and only an SD Invader in the bridge. All with sexy silver MOP binding on everything
Quote by Shredder XXX

No pics at the mo, my camera is screwed. But the general idea is a C-1 hellraiser string-thru shape with a slightly darker s/thru cherry finish and only an SD Invader in the bridge. All with sexy silver MOP binding on everything

damn you...

I want to see pics of that now....

fix... camera....

How long did it take for them to craft yours?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Shredder XXX

This is starting to sound filthy...

I got a spec sheet from Schecter, I'm going to turn it into a local store this weekend. Just a quote for now...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Whelp, my custom has been put on indefinite hold as my days of 7-strings are coming to a close.

I like them and I think they can be very useful, but at the end of the day, not having my 7 wouldn't hurt me. Anywho, thanks for the insight and hopefully we'll get pics of shredderXXX's custom out of this
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头