Today i woke up at around 7 am. Got ready to go to School. Left at around 7:30 and luckily the train got to the station fast. So i made it to school on time.But then there they were doing the metal detector scans, and i had my ipod and cellphone with me, and if i went in they would have taken it away.So im like meh, and i came back home.

And heres the thing. the train was on the elevated tracks. Which i have to say must only be like 2 stories high. There is a big train hub where most trains start their route. I was waiting for the train there. When it finally came it started moving out the station slowly. Thats when looking out the window i saw a man. A short skinny man, wearing a white t shirt and blue jeans,just standing there. He was right on the edge of the station. Beyond where you wait for the train. He was past the fence that says do not trespass. He was just there.. right next to a tiny fence that could have only been 1 foot high. That was the only thing between him and nothing. He looked so calm and serene, like if he was happy, or at least not freaked out about it. When i saw this i kept looking thinking..wtf i think hes gonna jump . But since i was on the train and it was moving i could'nt really stay and see.. i got home and i just kept thinking..was that guy really gonna kill himself. Or was he doing something there..and i just interpreted it as if he was gonna jump :\

tl;dr : I think i saw a guy about to jump off and kill himself.
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Last edited by KCGIG1 at Sep 16, 2008,
Maybe he is just content with life.

Or high as a kite.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Great story, hemingway.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hmm, weird. Just watch the news and check the papers for the next couple of days. One morning while driving on the highway I noticed a bunch of emergency vehicles all around the upcoming overpass, both on it and below it. When I got closer I noticed it was because there was a guy who hung himself from the overpass and they were trying to get the body down. Sure enough in the paper a couple days later there was a little article about it. Just keep your eyes open, if anything did happen you can probably find it.
Cool story, brah.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by maggot9779
Why didn't you tell someone to stop him, or atleast see what he was doing?

I couldnt. I was already on the train, and it was moving. I was looking out the window. and no one on the station could have seen him because he was all the way to the edge. Not visible anymore by the people waiting for the train.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
hey guys, I almost saw a guy shoot himself today! he was standing there and all calm next to a gun shop with his hand in his pocket, with only inches away from him and shooting!
Quote by smb
Metal detectors? At your school?

They've got that in america. In case students try to bring in metal to school.

Quote by CoreysMonster
hey guys, I almost saw a guy shoot himself today! he was standing there and all calm next to a gun shop with his hand in his pocket, with only inches away from him and shooting!

I almost saw a bankrobbery today. I was at the bank and some guy gave the teller a note.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

"we dont take kindly to your kind here"

*pushes kid with iron maiden t-shirt away*
Quote by Kensai

Yes , we can't let kids play with metal. Its dangerous.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by KCGIG1
I couldnt. I was already on the train, and it was moving. I was looking out the window. and no one on the station could have seen him because he was all the way to the edge. Not visible anymore by the people waiting for the train.

Yea, I know, but you could have told someone on the train, who would have told the driver(?), who could have told the station, who could have told security, who could have checked it out.

Meh
Quote by Kensai

I'm not sure why, but...
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by maggot9779
Yea, I know, but you could have told someone on the train, who would have told the driver(?), who could have told the station, who could have told security, who could have checked it out.

Meh

Theres only two people who could have possibly talked back to the station. and those are the drivers, and there are only two on each train. At each edge. and i was right in the middle of the train. So there was no way we could have told any of them in time if he did indeed jumped off.
EDIT: oh and about the metal detectors, its once a month, they bring them in. Mostly tho its because the board of Education here doesn't allow cell phones and such, so you aren't supposed to bring them to school. So when they do the scans, they confiscate all these things and don't give them back to you till like 3 months later.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by KCGIG1
Yes , we can't let kids play with metal. Its dangerous.

Metal ... reminds me of guns
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by KCGIG1
Theres only two people who could have possibly talked back to the station. and those are the drivers, and there are only two on each train. At each edge. and i was right in the middle of the train. So there was no way we could have told any of them in time if he did indeed jumped off.

You lazy ass
Quote by maggot9779
You lazy ass

Yeeeah The train is long, and i would have to walk all the way to the other edge. and who knows maybe i wasnt even gonna be able to, since they lock the doors so that no one can go from wagon to wagon while the train is in motion.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by Kensai

Metal doesn't kill people, I kill people.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I saw a kid buy drugs today at the corner shop....

The moral of this story is don't buy sherbert in front of paranoid people.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by texico11
a well enforced and serrated plastic knife could probably still do alot of damage, you know.

Is this coming from personal experience?
I saw a guy in a wheelchair roll himself out into the busiest road around here.

He trying to get in front of a bus that was going 55mph.

The bus swerved (well, a bus can't swerve that well but it tried) and narrowly missed the man.

After that the dude just rolled onto the sidewalk and just sat there.

I doubt he was just trying to cross the road because he crossed when traffic was heavy and didn't wait for a red light.

My mom was like, "OMG WTF NO STOP DON'T LOOK" and covered my eyes (I was 14 at the time).
Quote by Auals
Metal doesn't kill people, I kill people.

Guns don't kill people, Rappers do.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Vagabond21
I saw a guy in a wheelchair roll himself out into the busiest road around here.

He trying to get in front of a bus that was going 55mph.

The bus swerved (well, a bus can't swerve that well but it tried) and narrowly missed the man.

After that the dude just rolled onto the sidewalk and just sat there.

I doubt he was just trying to cross the road because he crossed when traffic was heavy and didn't wait for a red light.

My mom was like, "OMG WTF NO STOP DON'T LOOK" and covered my eyes (I was 14 at the time).

Oh, wow :\
Yeah, i doubt he was just trying to cross the street.So what happened to the bus? did it crash into anything ?Or kept going after it passed the guy in the wheel chair?
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by KCGIG1
EDIT: oh and about the metal detectors, its once a month, they bring them in. Mostly tho its because the board of Education here doesn't allow cell phones and such, so you aren't supposed to bring them to school. So when they do the scans, they confiscate all these things and don't give them back to you till like 3 months later.

i thought after some of the school shootings that schools had to allow you to carry a cell phone, but that it just had to be turned off. That's how it is in Illinois anyway.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by KCGIG1
Oh, wow :\
Yeah, i doubt he was just trying to cross the street.So what happened to the bus? did it crash into anything ?Or kept going after it passed the guy in the wheel chair?

Just kept going.

It was pretty intense.

I thought I was about to see a wheelchair launched into orbit.
i almost saw a fat guy go into subway.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
Quote by ifeastonbums
i thought after some of the school shootings that schools had to allow you to carry a cell phone, but that it just had to be turned off. That's how it is in Illinois anyway.

I don't really know. When i was in junior high a few years ago, we could carry cellphones. but yeah, we just couldn't be using them during class and all that. But In this school it isn't like that. I think its the whole city tho, because the Board of Education here in NY, said no electronics were allowed into school or something along those lines. So now they confiscate them.
Quote by Deeg
i almost saw a fat guy go into subway.

I've seen it happen Theres actually a subway right across the street form my school.
Quote by Vagabond21
Just kept going.

It was pretty intense.

I thought I was about to see a wheelchair launched into orbit.

Yeah man sounds pretty intense. I remember i have seen someone riding a bike get hit my a car. It was in a really busy street. The cars all go upwards or 40 MPH and the car should have stopped but it couldnt totally stop in time. and it hit some guy on a bike. He flew a few feet away. I dont know what happened afterwards. The driver was an old man , so maybe he couldnt really see the bike rider.
Quote by dillonrips7

Quote by _InsanitY_

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
dammit i thought that pit monkey said he was better yesterday and wasn't planning on comitting suicide anymore...
what a douche
Quote by CoreysMonster
"we dont take kindly to your kind here"

*pushes kid with iron maiden t-shirt away*

ROFL
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO