MisterSW20
Banned
52 IQ
Hey, I'm new to the forum..
not guitar.
Well, kind of.
I'm 16, I've had an ibanez rg120 for about..a year and a half, and had a marshall microstack up until recently, i needed the money and sold it, but now that I don't have my amp I find myself wanting to get back into guitar, I never got really serious about playing because it didn't seem to come natural to me, and i'm not exactly the most patient person, but..I learned to play a couple songs I liked, from bands like:
Led Zepellin, Suicide Silence, As Blood Runs Black, Protest the Hero..etc.
Then I kinda just got frustrated, songs were either to hard or to easy, I never learned the basics, (still don't know em.) Can't tune a guitar, don't know anything by ear, "majors, minors, metronome..etc' <---things like that are a different language to me.
But I think I want to take some lessons..learn the basics..and maybe stick with guitar, I really love it, it's not something I want to be able to do, just to be able to do something, 'cool,' i genuinely love what the guitar is capable of, and it just amazes me sometimes.

I tried taking lessons from here and learning as well, but it didn't really cut it..I reside in Oregon..if anyone else is around the Portland area and knows of a good teacher, I would love to get some info.
mikko 9119
siin
477 IQ
hey man, welcome to UG

I love PTH btw

just for the sake of keeping this place clean and open for questions, you can feel free to post your intro again here, it's stickied right at the top.

and always make sure you read the Rules and the New Member FAQ

Enjoy your stay.

and btw, guitar never really came naturally to me either, but I stuck with it and I'm actually kinda good now. I can play most PTH songs
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
welcome to UG check out the guitar & bass basics forum for guitar help
from daylight...
...into darkness