A guitar I'm looking to buy had its neck broken but it was fixed with epoxy and it was sanded down. It looks clean enough I just want to know if anything could go wrong in the future.
I would consider that very sketchy. What guitar is it, and how much are you paying?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
It's said if it's done right, professionally, that the point where it's been cracked will be even stronger than before.

How did he have it fixed? Did he do it himself or take it to a pro? If he took it to a pro, does he have a receipt or do they have any type of warranty against anything that might go wrong due to the repair?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
My only worry about it is the "no returns/refunds" thing he has going.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Even wood glue is stronger than wood itself - epoxy is much stronger. See if you can arrange to view the guitar in person?
If I were you and wanted a semi I'd save up a bit and get something better though.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
you arent going to know job quality, unless you try it or buy it, and then it might be too late. like said "no returns"
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
DONT BUY JUNK!

If you cant play it first, DONT BUY IT!

Save your money and buy something that plays!

it broke in shipping and the insurance must have already paid for it.

the neck was pegged & glued. The epoxy was used just fill the gaps.

IMO: when the temperature changes the neck work will crack and eventually come apart or come apart from vibration.

The guitar neck means almost everything to a guitar. Thats why ill never buy a no name guitar .
Last edited by BR0THERALEX at Sep 16, 2008,
Epoxy will be stronger than the wood. But buying a epi you cant play first is asking for trouble. But buying a broken one you cant return is a sure way to get screwed.
A professional would not have epoxy stains all over the neck like that. He either did it himself or got some guy in a garage to do it. Don't buy it, go somewhere else.
The auction ended with "Buy it now"; it was bought by someone called " lessthanfaked"; would that happen to have anything to do with your name L(ess)T(han)FA(ked)182 or is it just a coincidence?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Sep 16, 2008,
Funny thing is the person who bought it is called 'lessthanfaked' Now look at the name of the thread starter. Well, he bought it. And even if it does break again (which i doubt) he can just epoxy it again, profesionaly.